PDA

View Full Version : Can anything be done to protect me from bird droppings?

ericthebikeman
06-04-2004, 09:29 AM
During work I park in a ramp that can only be described as a feathered rats nest. Every couple days I get nailed by one of these pests while I`m at work. The best way to protect the finish is to wipe it off right away but I`m afraid the boss won`t understand.

Is there anything I can top SG with to keep the acidic dung from etching through the sealant into the clear? I`m thinking S100 but is there anything that looks good and can protect at the same time?

jfelbab
06-04-2004, 09:37 AM
I was happily surprised by the performance of NXT Tech Wax.

I park in an outdoor municipal lot that is home to hundreds of seagulls. I`d not get very good protection from any of the carnaubas I tried then along came NXT. I`ve since had several bombs that wiped right off with no damage to the paint (so far anyway).

togwt
06-04-2004, 09:47 AM
jfelbab- good to know as so far I havn`t tried a polymer or wax that will resist that acid (besides a car cover protecting the paint)

kartoon
06-04-2004, 10:53 AM
I once got a bomb on the outside of my mirror. When I got home I started to spray water onto this stuff so that it would soak up. After the 4th squirt the stuff just slid off.

Oh, the car was covered with Zaino.

I know that if it was left on the car longer the damage would be done but it was nice to see it work like that.