PDA

View Full Version : making silver shine..

imported_straight6
06-04-2004, 08:40 AM
newbie here.. just got my PC 7424 and pads.. i`m now in the market for the best wax combo to use.. my car is silver (although i think it`s hard to make silver really shine).. could anyone give me advice on what to use to really bring out the best of it. my car has pretty much been pampered.. washed every week and garage kept.. leave me some feedback..tnx

smirk
06-04-2004, 08:51 AM
I`ve used a number of different products but my upcoming detail on our silver station wagon will be Wolfgang polish and sealant with a topper coat of Pinnancle Glaze. Pinnancle recommends the glaze for light colored cars and when I used it last time as a topper on another sealant it worked really well. I`ve already used it on our white Suburban to top the Wolfgang and it looks great so I`m guessing it will come out very well on the silver as well. Good luck and let us know what you use and how it comes out!

tom p.
06-04-2004, 09:03 AM
I can personally recommend the Poorboy`s Polish w/carnauba followed by the EX (or EX-P) sealant. That is simple, inexpensive, great protection, great for application by PC and offers a hi-impact look.

ericthebikeman
06-04-2004, 09:25 AM
I went with 1Z Metalic polish with a yellow Meguiars pad wiping the panel with alcohol to check progress. Then Klasse AIO and SG both with the tan finishing meguiars pad. I will be putting on S100 but it is already pretty wet looking.

togwt
06-04-2004, 10:48 AM
~One man’s opinion / observations ~

Klasse AIO, SG + Pinnacle Signature Series

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect * so I question everything *

Gadfly
06-04-2004, 12:19 PM
AIO, NXTx2 on "silver spruce" `00 Avalon. Could not be more pleased.

imported_straight6
06-04-2004, 02:59 PM
tnx for all the response.. i`ll definitely check on those products..

another question.. what speed should i use for polishing and waxing?

stevet
06-04-2004, 03:04 PM
I have been using AIO and multiple coats of Sg and I like it a lot. I tried topping this with S100 and there was no difference at all.

I have some UPP and Poorboy`s EX-P on order and I am going to play around with different combos. The truth is I really dont see much difference on a silver car when I try different products. You notice it more on dark colors.

Matt M, PA
06-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Here`s a link to my silver Cobra....only Zaino @ claybar

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37262

gnahc79
06-04-2004, 04:05 PM
what car?

I`ve only used Meguiar`s and Clearkote so far for polishes. S100 and Meguiar`s for wax.

Clearkote`s Vanilla Moose + S100 hasn`t failed me yet :xyxthumbs. Easy application & removal and not expensive at all. I have yet to try AIO & SG. Soon I tell ya!! :)

JDM99
06-04-2004, 08:51 PM
One more fan of vanilla moose/S100. Car looks awesome.

imported_straight6
06-04-2004, 11:30 PM
matt, your car looks great.. i want the same shine on mine..

here`s a pic of my car... picture`s kinda bad since it was taken on a cloudy day..

Matt M, PA
06-05-2004, 08:28 AM
straight6....thanks!

As said in the post....only Zaino & claybar. When I got the car last August, the first thing I did was Dawn, claybar and Zaino. I have never used glazes or the like on this car...it just doesn`t need it. I do use the ZFX additive though.