PDA

View Full Version : Long time Zaino user just tried Rejex. Very impressed.

byrdpt
06-03-2004, 08:20 AM
Went on easier. Came off easier. Just wait till it hazes and wipe it off. Very inexpensive as well. I`ll have to see what long term durability is though. So far so good. I polished and then dawned the car, with just two layers of Rejex over that. Great reflection. I may have to go and pick up a gallon of this stuff. You can put it on the wheels, plastic, and glass as well. Has a rain x effect on the glass.

imported_Luster
06-03-2004, 08:31 AM
I haven`t heard of Rejex. What is it? A polish, wax, sealant?

Be sure to give us a long-term durability report...

tom p.
06-03-2004, 08:32 AM
deputydog, give it some time. I have been using REJEX on front and rear bumper covers for a while. The initial slickness is very impressive but after a wash or two that slickness disappears. This product does not appear to be vastly different from other products we use.

imported_BretFraz
06-03-2004, 08:52 AM
I read a post from the RejeX PR/Marketing person that it needs to cure for 12 hours first. Can`t drive the car or get it wet or dirty.

togwt
06-03-2004, 09:37 AM
~One man’s opinion / observations ~

RejeX is a polymer sealant, Bretfraz they do make a big deal about the 12-hour cure time (although any polymers should not be subjected to water until they have cross-linked, usually for 12-24 hours)

PS Bretfraz (happy b`day)

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect *so I question everything*

byrdpt
06-03-2004, 09:47 AM
I followed the directions as far as curing. I waited 10 hours before applying the second coat and will wait probably at least another 24 before driving. I am fortunate in that it is a second car and not a daily driver.

One thing that seems critical to Rejex durability is the preparation before applying it. It is highly recommended that you dawn, polish, and then dawn again before applying. If there are remnants from other products, the Rejex will not last nearly as long.

I`m using it on a porsche 996. There are about 20 plus people on our forum that are using it consistently. Nothing but great reviews. Some people do apply a wax over the Rejex for a little more depth, but not necessary on my yellow car. That seems to work better on silver or black cars.

byrdpt
06-03-2004, 09:51 AM
Just noticed that someone moved my post from detailing to university. why? this doesn`t fall under "new to detailing".

ZaneO
06-03-2004, 09:54 AM
No, but you do ;) The majority of your first posts should in this section.

byrdpt
06-05-2004, 04:40 AM
oh, i see. because i haven`t posted much i have to work my way UP to the "big boy" section :) did you see my join date? i just don`t say much. how many posts before I`m allowed to post on the detail forum? Will there be an interview and or exam??? :)

6cyl's_of_fury
06-05-2004, 04:47 AM
Any pics champ??

imported_Totoland Mach
06-05-2004, 07:38 AM
I just tried RejeX earlier this week on 3 vehicles. The durability issue is going to take some time to measure. I did a show car (Mach 1 Mustang) and used 2 coats of Rejex followed by Pinnacle Crystal Mist right before the show...excellent results! Will post pics tonight.

Pretty impressive product so far IMO

imported_BretFraz
06-05-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by deputydog95

oh, i see. because i haven`t posted much i have to work my way UP to the "big boy" section :) did you see my join date? i just don`t say much. how many posts before I`m allowed to post on the detail forum? Will there be an interview and or exam??? :)

Please contact the moderators of this forum or DavidB directly if you have questions regarding your posting priviledges.

SergC
06-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by deputydog95

I followed the directions as far as curing. I waited 10 hours before applying the second coat and will wait probably at least another 24 before driving. I am fortunate in that it is a second car and not a daily driver.

One thing that seems critical to Rejex durability is the preparation before applying it. It is highly recommended that you dawn, polish, and then dawn again before applying. If there are remnants from other products, the Rejex will not last nearly as long.

I`m using it on a porsche 996. There are about 20 plus people on our forum that are using it consistently. Nothing but great reviews. Some people do apply a wax over the Rejex for a little more depth, but not necessary on my yellow car. That seems to work better on silver or black cars.

Good to see a 996 fellow here:wavey

6speedonline:bigups

Regards,

Serg

imported_Totoland Mach
06-05-2004, 09:46 PM
here`s the Mach 1 that I finished for a show

thom
06-05-2004, 11:18 PM
i have also tried rejex ,it is easy,i have it on my roof to check slickness. durability etc. I had it on top of blackfire but readded blackfire cause is it looked some much warmer and deeper.:cool: