PDA

View Full Version : To all the CCD -> QD users with black cars...

P.NOiZE
06-03-2004, 03:27 AM
How do you do it?

All of last week I tried this method and all I got out of it were light swirls galore!

I`m going to try WAUD after spraying off the car (not washing, just spraying off).

tguil
06-03-2004, 07:52 AM
I`ve been at messin` with black vehicles for over 40 years. (My first was a 1964 Chevelle SS 327 black two door hardtop.) All black vehicles swirl, mar, etc. anytime you move dirt or dust on them. I NEVER use a QD unless it is to touch up streaks after washing the vehicle. In my opinion, using a California Duster is even more risky. Always (again always) use a car shampoo with plenty of lubricity to avoid swirls. Also have a good supply of swirl remover on hand. :D

Tom :cool:

Bill D
06-03-2004, 08:48 AM
I just barely touch the surface and use halogens only when I want to torture myself ;)

Malibu
06-03-2004, 12:38 PM
My problem with the CCD on black was that it left parafin wax residue that won`t come off, even with a QD. I need to give it a wash to remove all the wax. I`ve also used Quikshine and an MF to dust and have not noticed any swirling or marring, but I don`t go for more than a couple of days without QDing, otherwise there is more dust than I feel comfortable with. I`m going to give Poorboy`s S&W a try on this car as well. I`ve used it before but not on black.

Ah, the joys of a black car. This will probably be my only one. :rolleyes:

Mike

captkirk2
06-03-2004, 12:52 PM
A damp MF pulled lightly across the surface with the 2 lead corners removes all dust. I rinse in a bucket as I go along. After that you can dry with a waffle or QD or WAUD.

jerry@robs
06-04-2004, 12:06 AM
You might want to PM Greg (carguy) about his writeup with CCD. He did an "intensive" test on using the CCD on his black Porsche..

edit forget it, it`s here http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10615

Newport Viper
06-04-2004, 11:03 PM
I CCD and follow with S&W (Poorboys blue MF). I haven`t washed my car in six months. really.