PDA

View Full Version : Uses for QD

Teknikal
06-02-2004, 11:32 PM
I just got my 92 Camaro painted and wanting to keep it in as good of shape as possible.

I purchased some Meguairs QD spray and was wondering the different uses for it. In particular is it proper to use in removing bugs/tar and bird droppings with?

Just wondering because 2-3 days a week I have to make a 40 miles trip on the interstate and when I`m done I`d like to clean the bugs off the front and wondered if just pulling out some QD and a MF would be safe to use.

vprdak
06-03-2004, 12:28 AM
I use a QD for bugs on my truck. I just spray it on and let it sit for 3-5 minutes then wipe with a MF. Do this when the bugs are still fresh and they are not totally covering your paint. If they are bad i would wash...

imported_rusty bumper
06-03-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Teknikal

I just got my 92 Camaro painted and wanting to keep it in as good of shape as possible.

I purchased some Meguairs QD spray and was wondering the different uses for it. In particular is it proper to use in removing bugs/tar and bird droppings with?

Just wondering because 2-3 days a week I have to make a 40 miles trip on the interstate and when I`m done I`d like to clean the bugs off the front and wondered if just pulling out some QD and a MF would be safe to use.

Hi Teknikal...Welcome to Autopia. :wavey

What kind of Meguiar`s QD do you have?

The only QD that Meguiars makes that is safe for uncured paint is Final Inspection.

Teknikal
06-03-2004, 06:24 AM
Just a QD mist and wipe I bought from the local store here.

imported_rusty bumper
06-03-2004, 01:45 PM
If your car`s paint has cured, then it`s ok to use any QD....It takes about 90 days for paint to cure.