PDA

View Full Version : VM/WG on Black 2003 Civic (pics)

maecrispy
06-02-2004, 11:05 PM
I know you`re all tired of cool exotic cars so I decided to treat y`all to a black 2003 Civic. :lol

Customer was very happy with the job but there was a defect I couldn`t take care of. It`ll be the last pic and all help and advice would be very welcome.

Process:

Wash: NXT Wash

Strip: 50/50 IPA

Clay: WG poly clay (WG supplied lube)

Wash: NXT Wash

Polish: 1ZPP, 1ZMP

Glaze: VM

Sealant: WG x2

Tires: Z-16

Trim: Poorboys BnB, Wax Blaster

Glass: Z-12, WG

Didn`t get done until dusk so sun is low in the sky so no good sun pics. Sorry...

maecrispy
06-02-2004, 11:09 PM
I actually like VM under WG better than the WG pre-seal polish. WG still gives a pretty deep look but the VM underneath is clearer than WG polish.

Edit: oops, forgot pic...is below

maecrispy
06-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Here`s the pic:

maecrispy
06-02-2004, 11:13 PM
Factory installed orange peel...

maecrispy
06-02-2004, 11:14 PM
Sun already too low...

maecrispy
06-02-2004, 11:17 PM
Last one. Glassy look that I like. a little clearer than all carnauba and a little deeper than pure sealant...

maecrispy
06-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Defect as promised. I have no idea what this is or how to take care of it. Any and all advice is very much appreciated. 1ZPP didn`t even touch it.

Scottwax
06-02-2004, 11:41 PM
Car looks really nice! Looks like I have another combo to try! Keep us posted if using VM under WG sealant enhances or reduces the durability.

I have no idea what that spot is.

DBC
06-03-2004, 12:29 AM
did the eagle drop the bomb on that spot prior to your detailing session?:p

eecc
06-03-2004, 12:40 AM
mite be some moisture thats underneath the paint?

thinksnow
06-03-2004, 07:05 AM
Looks very clean. I like the depth/shine trade-off on that black. Did the customer pay for a 4-step or did your obsession take over?

maecrispy
06-03-2004, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the compliments!

robert: I only wish it was a bird bomb. At least that I know how to take care of. No this is something entirely different. You know how oil looks on the surface of water with the multiple colors? Now imagine that stuck underneath the clear. No idea what to do

eecc: it`s possible. Client said it`s been there since the start. However, I doubt it`s just water as it wouldn`t diffract light and show the multiple colors like that defect is. I`m thinking some sort of potroleum based contaminant under the clear.

thinksnow: Umm... I`d have to say obsession. :p However, the client`s a friend so I didn`t mind going the extra mile. It really did need the polishing steps (scratches/swirls everywhere.) I knew it would when I first saw the car and if it had been a normal client, I would have been upfront about it and given them two prices (with and without swirl/scratch removal.)