PDA

View Full Version : Black Caddy and NXT

Pages : [1] 2

Jesstzn
06-02-2004, 09:36 PM
I did a new black Caddy today .. It is badly swirled and a lot of scratches .. and I mean a lot .. it was brush washed all winter and a snow brush used.

I tried to get a before pix of the swirls but the sun at my place in the am is in the wrong place and the pix showed nothing.

This is the car that the owner didn`t want anything abrasive used but once I pointed out anything I use is less abrasive than the corn broom he is using to wash it .. he gave in.

I used DACP on a Lake City yellow pad and hit a lot of the heavy sctatches hard then went over the car with DACP and a Megs Purple pad. I followed it with #82 with a Megs yellow pad and finally applied NXT with my lil cordless buffer.

This car also has a cream leather interior and the carpets had bad black shoe skuffs on the carpet. I used the Woolite mix and a clean terry towel and it pulled all of them up.

Not great pix but with the sun and my location the best I could do.

http://www.photodump.com/direct/Jesstzn/DSC00804.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/Jesstzn/DSC00805.jpg

Buick_guy
06-02-2004, 09:48 PM
Nice job, but you should have dressed the wheel wells to finish off the whole package.

Jesstzn
06-02-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Buick_guy

Nice job, but you should have dressed the wheel wells to finish off the whole package.

They were dressed .. its a textured material in there not smooth plastic and it picked up the light and reflected it odd.

stevet
06-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Why did you use DACP with a yellow pad followed by DACP with the purple pad? Were both these pads Megs pads? If so you used a polishing pad followed by a cutting pad. Is this what you did or did you mix the order up in your post? The normal procedure would be a cutting pad followed by the less aggressive polishing pad.

Jesstzn
06-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by stevet

Why did you use DACP with a yellow pad followed by DACP with the purple pad? Were both these pads Megs pads? If so you used a polishing pad followed by a cutting pad. Is this what you did or did you mix the order up in your post? The normal procedure would be a cutting pad followed by the less aggressive polishing pad.

The yellow was a Lake City and the purple a meguiars W-7006 .. both are cutting pads but I found through experience on my black car the yellow left some unwanted hazing and if I used the Purple it didn`t. The yellow I have cuts harder than the purple. Sorry I see the confusion .. I`ll edit my post .

stilez
06-02-2004, 10:12 PM
Sweet! :cool:

Nice work. My dad has the same ride in White Diamond. I can`t wait to get around to giving it the Ultimate Treatment. It`s such a pleasure to look at, especially with the sharp lines.

Excellent work on the detail :xyxthumbs

Scottwax
06-03-2004, 12:31 AM
Wow! That hood shot is amazing! Nice job on the detail as always, Dee.

How is the Woolite/water mix working out for you?

Jesstzn
06-03-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Wow! That hood shot is amazing! Nice job on the detail as always, Dee.

How is the Woolite/water mix working out for you?

I am using the Woolite/water mix for more and more every detail ..I even find if I lightly spritz a Walmart MF with it and wipe the dash/consil it does a great job of cleaning and lifting dust. I also use it on shoe scuffs on seats and carpet and cleaning out the cups on the inner door handles that collect dust/crud.

Scottwax
06-03-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

I am using the Woolite/water mix for more and more every detail ..I even find if I lightly spritz a Walmart MF with it and wipe the dash/consil it does a great job of cleaning and lifting dust. I also use it on shoe scuffs on seats and carpet and cleaning out the cups on the inner door handles that collect dust/crud.

:cool: Not only does it clean effectively and safely, but it is a lot cheaper than any ready to use (as in pre-mixed) cleaner I have tried. Glad to hear you like using it. Even gladder (is that a word?) I saw that leather care tag on that Cadillac that recommended water and Woolite when I was first starting out!

maecrispy
06-03-2004, 09:11 AM
Hey Scottwax, Jesstzn...

can you share the secret woolite mix ratio? :p

I`m about to run out of my Z-9 and my lexol cleaner for leather and I`ve seen you guys and others using it with success.

Plus, I got a bunch of shiny new bottles from US Plastics and I need to fill`em up! :D

BTW Jesstzn, nice hood shot!! I don`t even like Caddy`s but I like the one in your pic. :xyxthumbs

Jesstzn
06-03-2004, 09:20 AM
I don`t like the Caddy either .. I was suprised how thin the body panels were .. I was scared to lean on anything at all with the PC as it would vibrate and jump all over .. and my Passat lowered even handled potholes better and is quieter.

I`ll let Scott fill you in on the formula .. its his and it werks great. Also leave a nice smell.

Scottwax
06-03-2004, 06:25 PM
I mix it at 6 parts water, 1 part Woolite.

maecrispy
06-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Thanks Scottwax!

I just tried it on my buddies passenger seat (my car`s seats are clean :p ) and it worked great! Of course, his seats are parchment in color (light grey) so the difference was pretty dramatic.

I think my wife`s a little pissed though since I just made all of her Woolite into interior cleaning solution. :scared

Jesstzn
06-03-2004, 06:37 PM
I think the Woolite people should chime in and offer Scott some freeby stuff for the sales he is creating.

maecrispy .. the woolite and those cheap terry shop towels work great lifting shoe scuffs and other crud from carpet including coffee.. the terry aggitates really well and pulls the crud up and absorbs it.

imported_NHBFAN
06-03-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

I mix it at 6 parts water, 1 part Woolite.

I thought if the 6:1 ratio was good, 4:1 must be better ... wrong!

Stick with 6:1