PDA

View Full Version : Perls and Souveran?

Somedevil
06-02-2004, 06:42 PM
Maybe a silly question, but here it goes:

Does the layer of protectant left behind by Perls prevent a wax like Souveran (or P21S) from giving the full effect it`s supposed to?

--Somedevil

ZaneO
06-02-2004, 06:48 PM
No, carnauba will work fine over most polymers, acrylics, etc.

Somedevil
06-03-2004, 07:46 PM
Thanks Zane!

--somedevil

Bobby G
06-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Well, in this case, the Perls protection is going over the Souveran wax. My experience with Perls and P21S/Souveran is great. I can`t believe the level of shine offered by Perls Shampoo.

db

Somedevil
06-03-2004, 09:00 PM
Thanks David! What got me wondering about this was my neighbors son who saw P21S in my garage. We got to talking, and I told him I ordered Perls which he said was amazing and his new favorite wash...

But he did suggest I consider washing with something else so as not to put Perls under Souveran, or other show car waxes....He wasn`t sure about it but thought maybe Perls might detract a little from Souveran on a black car. Since Souveran is on the way as a fathers day gift from my kids, and going on my wifes black car, I figured I`d ask here.

I`m really looking forward to Perls though after reading so many good things about it here...more excited about that than I am the Sourveran. :D

--Somedevil

imported_Unreal
06-03-2004, 09:17 PM
DAVID do you think Perls is a good alternative to Sonax?