PDA

View Full Version : Got my Pc, Now what?

ACURA95
06-01-2004, 10:37 PM
So, I have taken my first step and I finally got my PC. Now wgeat I need some good advice on what to do with it. What I mean is, what do I apply and how do I apply it. I am ordering pads tommorow and hope to begin detailing this weekend

Athough I must to bow my head in shame, Ill must begin by telling you pitifull condition my car is in.h.

My entire cars paint is pretty much oxidized and completely covered in swirls. I washed it last weekend and clayed the entire car and its pretty smooth now.

My next step was to use DACP, Maybe #83, however I am not sure what to do next. I have read so many posts on everyones favorite products and I really dont know what to use now. I guess now is the time to start building my arsenal, and begin what is probally going to be a very expensive hobby.

What I am really asking is what kind of polishes, cleaners, pads etc, does everyone recommend on a seriously oxidized, completely swirled black car. Pretty much a crash course in detailing. Please keep in mind that I am in South Florida and its damn hot and humid down here so I need products that will stand up to the heat.

I know I am asking alot but we all have to start somewhere.

imported_gsrjedi
06-02-2004, 12:33 AM
Better Car Care Article on using the PC (http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=47)

I`m a newbie to the PC as well, I`ve only used it twice to apply some NXT to mine & my mom`s cars. I`ve been looking at a lot of stuff as well recently. DACP is #83.

Some of the combinations I`ve seen mentioned here are

Meg`s DACP>>Meg`s #82

Poorboy`s SSR2>>>SSR1 (You can also try SSR3, which I`ve heard is a more abrasive cleaner than DACP, and they have a new one which should be coming out pretty soon, called SSR2.5 which I think will be about the same as DACP)

Menzerna IP>>>Menzerna FP

1Z UPP>>PP

I think the trick is to step down mildly, especially when your first starting out using a PC. I will be ordering some the SSR2, or wait for SSR2.5, & SSR1 pretty soon. For me, I wanna try it cause I live in Az, like Fl, it`s very hot here and PBs products can be used in the sun if you can`t get in some shade. Also the PBs website claims that the SSRs can be used on chrome, gel coats, glass, plastic, and plexiglass, as well as clearcoats & paint, so I`m gonna try some on my windows and headlights. I know a lot of people use DACP, but to me it seems like first time users seem to have some trouble using it, cause you have to work it in for a very long time.

As far as pads, you`ll probably need a cutting pad and a 2 polishing pads. Try you`re aggressive cleaner on the polishing pad, cause it might be strong enough to fix your problem. If it doesn`t then use the cutting pad and the aggressive cleaner, and this should fix most problems. Then follow up with your mild polish and your 2nd polishing pad.

I`m sure someone with more experience than me though will come along and fix any errors I might have made.

Autopia Car Care How-To (http://autopia-carcare.com/how-to.html)