PDA

View Full Version : Has WG lost popularity?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_NHBFAN
06-01-2004, 08:53 PM
I haven`t seen much discussion of WG lately.

To be honest, I haven`t given it much of a chance. I used it once and it was extremely easy, but didn`t seem to be very durable. But to make a fair judgement I need some more experience with WG.

Just seems like the excitment over WG has greatly diminished. Is durability an issue?

thinksnow
06-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Just seems like the excitment over WG has greatly diminished. Is durability an issue?

Yep. The durability of the excitement has been fair to poor:D

I found the look to be great, the ease of use to be great, and the slickness to be great.

The durability of the slickness (albeit, not the sealant itself) is quite poor.

Thus, I think some believe the durability is in the neighborhood of 3 weeks or so. Even though the slickness is gone by the first wash (for me), the beading and the shine last quite a while. Personally, I recently took a turn back towards the old school with some classic Meg`s products and hadn`t looked back.

jonw440
06-01-2004, 09:16 PM
I still like it! I did half of my truck with #16 the other with S100. I left the center of the hood with just WGx3.

So far I can tell you it is still beading! We have had rain off and on for over a week. It attracts less dust and pollun than the #16 but more than S100.

It still has my vote!:up

a.k.a. Patrick
06-01-2004, 10:30 PM
WG is still a great product...It lived a short debut, had great expectations, and has lived up to most of those, but i do have to agree with the durability issue. It just seems like new products these days just dont have the durability as some of its predecessors, i.e. Blackfire, Platinum, Klasse.....

In light of the recent NXt questionings, i had used it about two weeks ago, and the surface i broke my virginity on is still extremely slick, albeit the WAUD had something to do with it, and there was quite a bit of prep work involved, clay, #80 (I guess thats not a lot) Iam still impressed with the way the white looks....and feels....I will wash tomorrow and the truth will be told i would imagine.....

Jngrbrdman
06-01-2004, 10:40 PM
All products have their time of high excitement. When something first comes out you can expect loads of reviews and comments. Then after awhile it sort of pitters out. Its not that people aren`t using it... Its just that they aren`t talking about it quite as much. Most people probably haven`t even had enough time to use the first bottles they purchased. I know I haven`t and I`ve applied it on several cars and sent out a few samples too. I think its an awesome product that will be a permenant part of my detailing cabinet.

andriver
06-01-2004, 10:49 PM
Just the cycle of new products on Autopia. Initial excitement and then people move on to other products. My experience with WG was initially good but the durability is suspect. After an initial use I reverted back to 1Z.

Scottwax
06-01-2004, 11:16 PM
I still use it at least a couple times a week. Used it today, in fact, on a black Tundra and it came out great!

I have had no durability issues at all. Holding up well at the 8-10 week point. Slickness has dropped off somewhat but there is still noticable slickness. I have been using the WG QD on those cars on the sides and hood, but not on the roof so I can see how well it holds up on its own. So far, so good. There is little difference between the hood and roof with regards to slickness or beading.

maecrispy
06-01-2004, 11:23 PM
Lack of discussion doesn`t necessarily mean a product`s no longer popular.

WG is still my favorite for customer`s dark colored cars. With good prep it just seems to blow away my customer`s with its looks.

I don`t post much about WG though since I`ve said most that I have to say about it in previous posts. It doesn`t mean my enthusiasm for WG has diminished and I back it up with my $$. :D

I`m also surprised at the talk about WG`s lack of durability. I`ve been putting it on customer`s car`s now for about 4 weeks and all feedback has been excellent regarding beading. Even my own daily driver was beading excellently after 5 weeks before I took it off. Of course, I can`t speak to it`s long term durability (no one can, it hasn`t been out long enough) but if Autopians are complaining about durability that would imply WG isn`t even lasting a month (unless everyone who`s complaining is an early adopter.) I`m just not seeing that on any of the cars I`ve done so far.

I admit that slickness drops off dramatically very quickly but that`s why I recommend diluted WAUD as a QD in the maintainence pamphlet I give my customers.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I guess I just had to chip in my $0.25. :o

MSOsr
06-02-2004, 09:30 PM
I love it! Applied it a couple of weekends ago and went through a huge rainstorm today........beaded up nicely.

Love the depth of color it gives, too.

former86camaro
06-02-2004, 10:08 PM
Still use it but for some reason I picked up some #26 and began to play with that. I think we all like to try different things because after awhile no matter how good a product is we want to try something different for a different look. Heck I even tried some Z2 again on the red car. Why not it is fun. I am now looking into Enzinette products other than the paint polish.

imported_Aurora40
06-03-2004, 12:17 PM
I`m slowly polishing the Aurora one section at a time (man, doing the hood only the other night took me an hour to wipe down, polish, wipe off, and to get out/put away everything!). I plan to DACP the areas with some swirling, then Speed Glaze the whole thing (both by PC) and then I have to say I`m leaning hard towards putting the Wolf on it. I`m thinking maybe Wolf then Blackfire or Blackfire/Wolf/Blackfire (I like how BF beads). I Wolf`ed the Regal last week after a DACP session on it by Cyclo and it looked stunning!

eShine
06-03-2004, 12:46 PM
I decided to try Wolfgang Synthetic Polish on my white 1996 Cobra and I was speechless! I have used Klasse for years on many colors and have had great results. Wolfgang on white can not be touched! Wolfgang has always claimed to have more of a softer, deeper, carnauba look to it whereas Klasse is a Shinier look. When I did the Wolfgang I noticed something right away. It was turning my car funny colors! It seems to add a pearl color to your car depending on surrounding colors! When it was in my Garage the entire front end was glowing Royal blue because it was sitting in front of my toolbox! Here is a picture of the paint outside today! Notice the blue tint from the sky? It just doesn’t reflect the color, it makes it look like a blue glow. Also notice the Clouds and how clear it reflects at the same time! I just thought I would share that photo. I have a Full review on Wolfgang coming soon!

http://www.eshine.ca/images/wolfgang.jpg

imported_Sullybob
06-03-2004, 12:59 PM
eShine, awesome photo. Thats pretty interesting to know. I have been thinking about weather or not to top my Expedition after I finish layering SG on. Your information is really pushing me to top it.

Carl Anderson
06-04-2004, 08:09 AM
I used Wolfgang over AIO last weekend on my neighbor`s Silver Grey M3. It turned out stunning, better than the last detail I did on his car using P21S. I saw my neighbor yesterday and remarked that I liked the way Wolfgang made his car look, and he remarked with a huge grin that it looked great, and thanked me profusely. This gentleman is not an enthusiastic person.

While I have used Klasse on two of my own vehicles, I can`t say that I like it better than Wolfgang as far as appearance goes. I do know that in my hands Wolfgang is by far the easier sealant to use.

SuperShine
06-04-2004, 08:32 AM
Loved it the first time I used it and it`s still my favorite since. A combination of the appearance, slickness and ease of use.... No durability issues. There are products out there that last longer, but those other three aspects are much more important to me. As I see it, if it lasts over 4-6 weeks, it has done its job. In my experience, its still going strong!