PDA

View Full Version : Does it smell when you wash your MF`s with Vinigar?

crimson
06-01-2004, 07:22 PM
I have to wash my MF`s. So i`m going out tomorrow to buy some Tide Free, and a bottle of distilled vinigar. Now onto my question. When you add the vinigar to the wash cycle (instead of using the fabric softener), does it make the MF`s smell or the washer smell?

I have to wash my MF`s, but not if it`s going to make my machine smell...or the clothe`s I put in it afterwards.

Thanks for the help :xyxthumbs

Bill D
06-01-2004, 07:26 PM
Hasn`t happened to me yet.

tom p.
06-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Crimson, have no fears - - there is no residual odeur from the white vinegar. Yes, you get a slight whiff when it`s added to the final rinse water but it`s no big deal.

crimson
06-01-2004, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the responses guys!

I`ve got another detail this Friday and i`m fresh out of towels, it`s good to know it won`t stink everything up :D

Jesstzn
06-01-2004, 10:26 PM
Remember .. *rinse* cycle .. not wash cycle

ZaneO
06-01-2004, 10:36 PM
Rinse your towels twice for good measure.

fusionnv
06-02-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Crimson

I have to wash my MF`s. So i`m going out tomorrow to buy some Tide Free, and a bottle of distilled vinigar. Now onto my question. When you add the vinigar to the wash cycle (instead of using the fabric softener), does it make the MF`s smell or the washer smell?

I have to wash my MF`s, but not if it`s going to make my machine smell...or the clothe`s I put in it afterwards.

Thanks for the help :xyxthumbs

I think as long as u put the proper amount and not the entire 1 gallon jug u be fine.

imported_Sullybob
06-02-2004, 09:09 AM
My MF`s dont smell after I use vinegar in the final rinse cycle. I pour the vinegar in the fabric softner despenser.

imported_Unreal
06-02-2004, 09:10 AM
How much Vinigar do you guys add to the rinse cycle?

Gonzo
06-02-2004, 06:27 PM
I just did my DF towels and used Woolite to wash and about 2 cups of white vinegar in the rinse.

Inzane
06-02-2004, 07:30 PM
Maybe I missed something:

Why add vinegar to the rinse cycle when washing MFs? What`s that do?

crimson
06-02-2004, 09:52 PM
It`s helps to lift the product from the MF`s.

I just washed my MF`s, twice with the rinse cycle. I added 1/2 cup of vinigar the first time, and a little less the second time. But my MF`s still have stains on them.

Once MF`s have stains, are they there forever? Do your MF`s come out prefectly clean when you wash them? Other than the stains they came out just fine.