PDA

View Full Version : Interior help

gav'spurplez
06-01-2004, 12:37 PM
hey guys, going to be detailing a navigator and the inside is what the owner is mostly concerned with. the doors panels are kinda scuffed up and dirty. i can get the carpets cleaned and the leather is dirty. any suggestions for the door panels and the leather. i am going to try not to be cleaning the leather for 4 ours, it is going to be a pain. any "quick" details for the leather ?? other than maybe the wipes ?? whose wipes are the best ?? i have used meguiars but it seems to leave a greasy residue :rolleyes:

Glossequation
06-01-2004, 12:59 PM
For door panels and kick panels, I have had great luck with Simple Green and a little elbow grease.

gav'spurplez
06-01-2004, 12:59 PM
helps alot, thanks. where did you get your brush and what cleaner do you use with it ???

ZaneO
06-01-2004, 01:00 PM
You can hit the leather with a Woolite and water solution to get out the deep grime. You might also use a soft bristle brush (toothbrush, etc.) to gentle clean them.

gav'spurplez
06-01-2004, 01:01 PM
50/50 woolite and water ?? simple green is available at auto stores and retail stores ??

togwt
06-01-2004, 01:12 PM
~One man’s opinion / observations ~

Simple Green will dry out the oils from leather.

Leather cleaning is a three step process, comprising; Cleaning, Conditioning and UV radiation protection

a) Cleaning- use a soft brush (Groit’s Horse Hair Leather & Interior Brush PN15515) or a vacuum to remove any dust, apply a cleaning solution (Water /Woolite or Dreft 6:1 ratio or stronger) on to an applicator pad and apply to one area at a time (i.e. a seat back). Gently agitate the surface with a boar’s hair cleaning brush. This removes stubborn grime and will not harm the leather. Use a clean, damp Microfiber towel to rinse the leather. Stubborn stains- dependent upon the leathers condition or how dirty it is consider using a leather-cleaning product. (Leatherique’s Prestine Clean or Croit’s Leather Cleaner)

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect *so I question everything*

BlueRanger
06-01-2004, 01:49 PM
Wont simple green eat away at the door panels? What ratio are you using?

ZaneO
06-01-2004, 02:39 PM
I don`t think I`d use Simple Green anywhere on the interior.

jchetty
06-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by gav`spurplez

50/50 woolite and water ?? simple green is available at auto stores and retail stores ??

no..50/50 woolite would be to strong imo...the current recommendation as per scottwax and every1 I believe 6 parts water to 1 part woolite which is what i used yesterday. works well. i have heard of people using simpe green in interiors, but that diluted i think 10 to 1 or more...because simple green is strong. i prefer woolite.

gav'spurplez
06-01-2004, 03:35 PM
i have used stuff like fantastic and 409 on the door panels and stuff. that is just to clean the dirt, then i go over with the protectant. i`m going to pick up some woolite and try to find a soft brush. thanks for all the recommendations :xyxthumbs

Glossequation
06-02-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by BlueRanger

Wont simple green eat away at the door panels? What ratio are you using?

Full bore 100% no dilution. Used it on my Mustang, g/f`s SAAB, my Denali, no problems what so ever. I should mention that I only use it for real stubborn marks. Everything else usually comes out with water and a brush believe or not.

jchetty
06-03-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by blackcaraddict

Full bore 100% no dilution. Used it on my Mustang, g/f`s SAAB, my Denali, no problems what so ever. I should mention that I only use it for real stubborn marks. Everything else usually comes out with water and a brush believe or not.

:up :up ...thats surprises alot of ppl who dont know

dublifecrisis
03-29-2008, 09:32 PM
un dilluted Simple Green is far too strong to spray on anything interior related. woolite/water 1:5 for the interior and 10:1 water/simple green for wheel wells, engine bay etc...but rinse well. that stuff will tarnish.

Chris@Optimum
03-29-2008, 09:44 PM
did you know this thread is from "04