PDA

View Full Version : Next Step up in Polish Arsenal

Reeeko99
06-01-2004, 11:00 AM
What would be the next step up in for me?

I have MPPC, #9 and 3M SMR for Dark paint.

I was looking for something with a little more bite to remove some stubborn stain`s and etching on my Hyundai car.

Mainly hood,trunk, and roof.

I`ve tried all three by hand, with repeated applications and 60% of it has been removed. But I still have a ways to go.

I have a few Questions.

I was leaning towards SSR2 or maybe DACP.

Would Pro Polish be a better fit instead of SSR2 ?

I was thinking PP would be similar to MPPC?

Sould I follow up with #9 after SSR2 prior to EX-P?

I do not have a PC, so I`m not sure I can do a decent job with DACP by hand, thats why I`m leaning towards SSR2 for ease of use.

DACP is a bit more aggressive than SSR2 correct ?

If I can get to maybe 75-80% by hand, I`ll call it good enough.

I did like the ease of use and finish of EX-P ( x2 ) after applying MPPC and #9. Nice shine...

Thank you for the advice.

2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS- Black

Worse factory paint I`ve ever seen. A fly would sratch the paint. ha ha

Bill D
06-01-2004, 11:02 AM
I only know DACP, I think that should be a staple in a product collection even when you accumulate other polishes too ;)

Accumulator
06-01-2004, 11:07 AM
While *I* do fine without *any* DACP :D

The MPPC is, as I recall, almost all-chemical and the abrasives in #9 and the SMR are *VERY* mild.

Check out 3M`s PI-III line (especially 05933 and 05937) and also the polishes from 1Z. I`ve used both by hand with good results.

Bill D
06-01-2004, 11:14 AM
I have MPPC, I think it was successful *once* in probably removing maring from the layers of SG but as for marring in the paint itself, doesn`t work for me. It seems to be a better stain remover, like removing leaf marks left on the paint after a storm.

I got rid of #9 a while ago, only thing it was successful in doing for me was removing some dog nail scratches on the outside door to my backyard of all things. Did a somewhat decent job cleaning sporting equipment like some golf clubs too. Didn`t do anything for my car paint :(

3m PI III and 1z= :up

Reeeko99
06-01-2004, 12:16 PM
Correct, to me MPPC did a nice job of cleaning the paint, but nothing for swirls, scratch`s.

#9 did remove some swirls, it was an OK product. It did leave a nice finish for AIO. I have to admit.

Bill, I should probably have DACP in my inventory.

I was wondering if SSR2 would be similar to DACP. Maybe not?

Was trying to avoid duplication.

I`m sure liking my first experience with Poorboys EX-P.

Felt the impulse to try some of there other product line like SSR2, since I have alot of simliar poducts to SSR1 and Pro Polish, I didn`t feel the need for those and adding something more aggressive to my collection in the process would be nice.

Thanks everyone.