PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the highest speed on the PC?

Pages : [1] 2

usracer900
05-31-2004, 09:31 PM
I`ve been using speed 6 on my PC with Menzurna IP and FP and it seems to work better. Anyone else use this high of a speed?

Bill D
05-31-2004, 09:36 PM
Yeah I do but once I have the product worked on the paint thoroughly first

JasonD
05-31-2004, 09:38 PM
I find it works better with polishes but hands just can`t take it, it vibrates so hard. I also find that polish cakes up the pad very quickly at that speed so you need to watch it closely.

fusionnv
05-31-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by usracer900

I`ve been using speed 6 on my PC with Menzurna IP and FP and it seems to work better. Anyone else use this high of a speed?

Yeah the polish works a lot better some times. It seems like the only way to make some magic.

TN9thSi
05-31-2004, 09:57 PM
I have used speed 6 on a few ocassions, but usually 5 is enough.

Nicky Pass
05-31-2004, 10:58 PM
I start at 4...then 5.....then 6.....then finish with 5.

imported_Intel486
05-31-2004, 11:13 PM
I don`t have a PC but have a DeWalt Dw443 that is similar to the PC.

I regularly run mine on top speed when polishing. I also have a bottle of water that I`ll mist onto the polish if it starts to dry out too early like when I have to work on warm paint.

tailwind
05-31-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by JDookie

I find it works better with polishes but hands just can`t take it, it vibrates so hard.

Learned that the hard way. Burned a hole right into my thumb when using mine the first time, now I wear a thick glove on my right hand when using it.

94BlkStang
05-31-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by assbreeze

Learned that the hard way. Burned a hole right into my thumb when using mine the first time, now I wear a thick glove on my right hand when using it.

Good idea. I`ll have to try that next time. It can really be a buzzer on the top speed.

Dinzdale40
05-31-2004, 11:51 PM
i used mine on topspeed almost all the time.....sometimes i slow it to spread really thin products.....with some polishes it makes a big difference

eclemens
06-01-2004, 06:36 AM
Do you have the correct counterweight? Mine doesn`t "buzz" much at all on the fastest settings.

I always use a fast setting, usually 6, with polishing or cleaning type products.

VV

Originally posted by 94BlkStang

Good idea. I`ll have to try that next time. It can really be a buzzer on the top speed.

imported_neoflex
06-01-2004, 07:07 AM
On my vehicles with great paint I usually do not need to exceed 5 but this weekend I did the beater(Station Car) and ran 6 the whole way through. No vibrations at 6 that I could not tolerate. Actually running at 6 is no different vibration wise as 4 or 5. I did notice that my backing plate ended up chewing through 2 pads though. The outer portion that hangs past the backing plate was just about ready to fall off because the backing plate ate through it. I was using a ton of pressure but the paint was heavily oxidized due to the car has not been washed since Jan. Very unautopian but hey its a beater and the other 2 cars take up way too much time. She looks good now though and got to play with NXT in the process.

Accumulator
06-01-2004, 10:28 AM
To minimize vibration at speed 6 (which I use for almost all of my polishing), be sure to use the 6" counterweight. You can decrease it some more by using the "flex" backing plate from CMA and 6" pads. Larger/heavier backing plates and pads will make the vibration worse.

Alex Creasey
06-01-2004, 04:16 PM
I use speed 6 on most polishes now... I can see it working on speed 5 most of the time but as someone else said, the magic really seems to happen at speed 6...... I have taken to wearing ear plugs though!!! The noise , especially in the garage leaves the old ears ringing! And as for vibrations... I find holding the main body of the PC is generally more comfortable than holding the handle most of the time now.

Cheers :).

2wheelsx2
06-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Like others have said, 6" CW, I don`t use the handle, and hold by the "head" of the PC. I use speed 6 almost exclusively, but then I only use the PC to polish. I can wax by hand faster than using the PC, so I don`t bother.