PDA

View Full Version : another Klasse Twin Question(s)

s2skimon
05-31-2004, 07:05 PM
how often should i AIO ? I`ve already got 2 coats of SG on

will AIO remove the current SG ?

is this Klasse acryllic an actual polymer ?

what is the diff between an acryllic and polymer

thanks for reading..

BTW, I luv this stuff !

LOTA OT
05-31-2004, 07:23 PM
AIO will remove the SG. Use it first, then layer the SG overtop. You`ll only need to apply AIO when you are starting over again which I do about 4-6 months depending on the season.

imported_Yosemite Dan
05-31-2004, 07:29 PM
AIO will remove any SG on there. I would keep layering SG on periodically and maybe clay and AIO once or twice a year depending if it`s a daily driver or not, garage kept etc.... JMHO.

SG is a pure acryllic sealant. I`ll let someone else answer the difference between that and a polymer because I don`t know. But if it works, who cares.

thom
05-31-2004, 08:26 PM
klasse is a mono mer not a poly mer.monomethethyl something or other.so is rejex a monomer. where as der shinney stuff is a co-polymer if that helps

imported_Yosemite Dan
05-31-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by thom

klasse is a mono mer not a poly mer.monomethethyl something or other.so is rejex a monomer. where as der shinney stuff is a co-polymer if that helps

Wow, I never met anybody who knew how to write swahilli.:bow

foxtrapper
06-01-2004, 10:29 AM
will AIO remove the current SG ?

I doubt AIO actually removes SG as many claim. This is because AIO contains the exact same ingredients as SG. AIO is, as it`s named, an all in one product, not a SG prep.

what is the diff between an acryllic and polymer

In this case, acrylic is a subcategory of polymer. It`s not a true acrylic, in the chemical property sense to the best of my knowledge.

In fact, we all go around assuming Klasse is some sort of acrylic wax, without actually knowing if it is or not. No MSDS

:nixweiss

imported_Yosemite Dan
06-01-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by foxtrapper

I doubt AIO actually removes SG as many claim. This is because AIO contains the exact same ingredients as SG. AIO is, as it`s named, an all in one product, not a SG prep.

In this case, acrylic is a subcategory of polymer. It`s not a true acrylic, in the chemical property sense to the best of my knowledge.

In fact, we all go around assuming Klasse is some sort of acrylic wax, without actually knowing if it is or not. No MSDS

:nixweiss

Look at the bottle, AIO is a cleaner, polisher and sealant hence the name. SG is a pure sealant so they don`t have the same ingrediants. When you apply a sealant it`s wise to prep the surface which is where the AIO comes in.

No one is assuming it`s acryllic, it says so on the bottle. Call me silly but I tend to beleive what a product states on the bottle.

foxtrapper
06-02-2004, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Yosemite Dan

Look at the bottle, AIO is a cleaner, polisher and sealant hence the name. SG is a pure sealant so they don`t have the same ingrediants. When you apply a sealant it`s wise to prep the surface which is where the AIO comes in.

No one is assuming it`s acryllic, it says so on the bottle. Call me silly but I tend to beleive what a product states on the bottle.

Dan,

read what you just wrote, "AIO is a cleaner, polisher and sealant ." Hence my statement that I don`t believe AIO removes sealant like many claim. A product containing a sealant does not strip sealants away, it places them down actually.

Believe marketing claims all you wish, as we all know advertising is impecably honest. :o But if you look carefully at the marketing claims by Klasse you`ll see they use words like "acrylic formula" and "acrylic protectant". Both phrases are nonsense words with no scientific meaning. Klasse does not claim their product is an acrylic wax, just like I said, they leave that to us to assume.

:wavey

thinksnow
06-02-2004, 06:44 AM
A cleaner wax contains wax, but it will strip any previous waxes or sealants off of the surface. If you`ve used AIO, you will notice that it cleans *very* well (to the point of removing oxidation on aluminum and stainless) and has very slight durability. If the cleaning power is high, and the protection factor is low, common sense dictates that using AIO over SG effectively restarts the cycle.

`Acrylic protectant` may not be perfect terminology, but neither is `acrylic sealant,` `polymer sealant,` or `engineered synthetic polymer.` If Klasse states that their product is acrylic, I`m inclined to believe that the product is acrylic. It has several characteristics quite different from any other product and SG only works well over AIO. Thus, we can refer to the Klasse twins as acrylic, or "the products that the manufacturer claims are acrylic but I`m not sure I believe them even though they have high durability and are not easily interchangeable with other product lines." I`m going with "acrylic." :D

Originally posted by foxtrapper

Dan,

read what you just wrote, "AIO is a cleaner, polisher and sealant ." Hence my statement that I don`t believe AIO removes sealant like many claim. A product containing a sealant does not strip sealants away, it places them down actually.

Believe marketing claims all you wish, as we all know advertising is impecably honest. :o But if you look carefully at the marketing claims by Klasse you`ll see they use words like "acrylic formula" and "acrylic protectant". Both phrases are nonsense words with no scientific meaning. Klasse does not claim their product is an acrylic wax, just like I said, they leave that to us to assume.

:wavey

imported_Yosemite Dan
06-02-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by thinksnow

A cleaner wax contains wax, but it will strip any previous waxes or sealants off of the surface. If you`ve used AIO, you will notice that it cleans *very* well (to the point of removing oxidation on aluminum and stainless) and has very slight durability. If the cleaning power is high, and the protection factor is low, common sense dictates that using AIO over SG effectively restarts the cycle.

`Acrylic protectant` may not be perfect terminology, but neither is `acrylic sealant,` `polymer sealant,` or `engineered synthetic polymer.` If Klasse states that their product is acrylic, I`m inclined to believe that the product is acrylic. It has several characteristics quite different from any other product and SG only works well over AIO. Thus, we can refer to the Klasse twins as acrylic, or "the products that the manufacturer claims are acrylic but I`m not sure I believe them even though they have high durability and are not easily interchangeable with other product lines." I`m going with "acrylic." :D

What he said. :cool:

foxtrapper why all the negativity about this much loved product? Did a Klasse salesman run over your dog.:p

MRidley
06-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Since we are on the subject of acrylic has anyone ever tried Eraser acrylic paint protection

thinksnow
06-02-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by MRidley

Since we are on the subject of acrylic has anyone ever tried Eraser acrylic paint protection

Make sure vehicle is clean and free from dirt and debris (best if used after vehicle has been cleaned with elasti-clayâ„¢)

Apply a small amount of acrylic paint protector to a sponge applicator or soft cloth and begin wiping it onto a small section of the vehicle making sure to get 100% coverage of the area.

Continue in small sections until the entire vehicle is complete.

After the entire vehicle is complete take a soft, dry cloth and wipe off excess material.

Take a clean sponge and a bucket of cold water (use ice cubes in bucket to get really cold water), and begin wiping the paint finish with the cold wet sponge to cure the acrylic polymers and reveal the "wet-look shine". (Note: cold cure can be substituted by spraying and wiping the finish with Erazerâ„¢ lubricating & gloss enhancement spray)

Using a dry soft cloth (separate from the one used to remove excess material), dry the finish.

Weird directions:D

Did you find this stuff in Richmond?

MRidley
06-02-2004, 09:06 PM
No I found it on their web site and was just wondering if anyone else had ever tried it and what was their opinion

foxtrapper
06-08-2004, 10:55 AM
foxtrapper why all the negativity about this much loved product? Did a Klasse salesman run over your dog.:p

Nothing negative about it. I use the stuff and like it very much.