PDA

View Full Version : cleaning foam pads

waggs
05-29-2004, 08:50 PM
Whats the best method for cleaning Foam pads ? I did my first detailing job today, and used two different pads .yellow and a white pad. Any help would be great thanks!

imported_outsider
05-29-2004, 09:03 PM
i just throw them away

ericthebikeman
05-29-2004, 09:09 PM
i just throw them away

You`re kidding I hope at $10 a pop I`d clean them. :eek:

I use soap and water. Get the pad wet with some soap press on the pad several times under running water to get the soap and gunk out. Repeat if needed.

To dry roll up like a burrito and squeeze from one end to the other, lay flay on it`s backing to air dry.

scottabir
05-29-2004, 09:15 PM
I let them soak in dawn for a while and then run under warm water and squeeze out the foam without rolling up the pad I just kinda squish the foam.

gav'spurplez
05-29-2004, 09:27 PM
i hose them off. all of the product rinses away. then i put the pad back on the pc and crank it up to 6. this gets out about 90-95% of the water, then i let them air dry :xyxthumbs

General Lee
05-29-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by gav`spurplez

i hose them off. all of the product rinses away. then i put the pad back on the pc and crank it up to 6. this gets out about 90-95% of the water, then i let them air dry :xyxthumbs

Yeap, Except I soak them in dawn water or detergent for @ 1 hour then rinse and squeeze them flat and spin dry them on the PC.

NXT was a PITA to remove from my finishing pad though. Anyone experience this?

ericthebikeman
05-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by General Lee

Yeap, Except I soak them in dawn water or detergent for @ 1 hour then rinse and squeeze them flat and spin dry them on the PC.

NXT was a PITA to remove from my finishing pad though. Anyone experience this?

No but 1Z MP stained my white LC pad pink, I washed it several times but I just got clean water.

hrspwr00v6
05-30-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by ericthebikeman

No but 1Z MP stained my white LC pad pink, I washed it several times but I just got clean water.

I had the same thing happen my white pad is now pinkie

BlueRanger
05-30-2004, 02:48 AM
Hosing off doesnt work for me. When im cleaning on the job (the white pads get reaallllly dirty for me) I use dawn, put directly on the pad, work it in, and rinse it out. Spin dry with pc. Works for me...

Spilchy
05-30-2004, 09:20 AM
I soak in a heavy dillution of Simple Green, massage it in with my hands and rinse really well.

roadman
05-30-2004, 09:31 AM
Just tried a new process and it worked great, put them in a fresh bucket of warm water w/car wash soap. Then do a second wash with Micro-Restore w/warm water.

gav'spurplez
05-30-2004, 10:42 AM
i had a hard time getting the nxt and the wolfgang off of the the finishing pads. almost like the pads absorbed them. oh well, i made sure all of the product was gone ;)