PDA

View Full Version : wax as u dry as qd: dilute or not?

Pages : [1] 2

III
05-29-2004, 07:06 AM
For those of you who use this product on a dry vehicle, do you think it`s better to use it full strength or diluted? I know Patrick has experimented with ratios, and other people, but I was wondering what would be the advantages/disadvantages of diluting it?

I`ve used it full strength on both of my vehicles with good results when the paint was dry. I`m just wondering if I should dilute it or not?

imported_Luster
05-29-2004, 07:14 AM
I`ve used it both ways, full strenth and diluted. The full strength method seems to be a little slicker. (Makes sense...more product, smoother surface)...

Still...no streaking either way.

(BTW I cleaned my in-box, if you still need to send me a PM:) )

93zder
05-29-2004, 10:23 AM
Hey everyone - is this stuff any good ??

:nixweiss

III
05-29-2004, 11:55 AM
Yeah, this stuff is good considering it only cost me about $4.00 at my local K-mart.

DAC17
05-29-2004, 12:50 PM
This stuff is REALLY good. Very slick finish, easy to use (only adds about 5 minutes to car wash time), and doesn`t streak. Probably doesn`t last long, but sure looks good in the meantime.

3Dog
05-29-2004, 12:55 PM
1Z Lackfinish, due in June, reads like a wax as u dry full strength and a QD diliuted. All their other products are top grade so this may be a new toy for us.

DAC17
05-29-2004, 12:56 PM
"Lackfinish"? Sure sounds like a problem in search of a solution!

BlueRanger
05-29-2004, 02:06 PM
O its good, on top of my #16, my truck has NEVER glowed like this! I cant wait to get home from college and polish her!

WAX2MUCH
05-29-2004, 03:14 PM
I have been using the WAUD as a QD...full strength. IMHO, it ranks with the best QDs I`ve used...which include ClearKote, BeadX, Z6, and WG. For $4 for a 16 oz. bottle, it`s a great value. Has anyone found it in larger sizes?

Bubba57-chevy
05-29-2004, 04:43 PM
I bought a gallon jug from the Eagle One display at the Houston Autorama. Don`t remember how much, but cheaper than multiple smaller parts house bottles.

SVR
05-30-2004, 05:50 AM
Hopefully In a few weeks time I will be able to buy Malco Autogloss wax as you dry. Won`t be using it on my car but will be another handy product for customers cars who have so far only been washed and not sealed or polished and waxed.

a.k.a. Patrick
05-30-2004, 11:52 AM
John, the reason i tested a diluted ratio was i was attempting to match WAUD as you would put it on a wet surface.....I think i came up with 3:1, and will stick with that, i may cut that to 2.5:1.....But am real happy with it at the current setup....

Egle Ones best yet product IMO !!!

III
05-30-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by a.k.a. Patrick

Egle Ones best yet product IMO !!! [/B]

I agree with you. Just the other day someone made a comment to my wife on how good/shiney her bonneville looks. I said WOW! I mean all I did was spray this product on and wipe off. How much more simple can it be? This product gives that extra pop that is lacking inbetween regular polishing/waxing jobs.

I`m sure we all agree though this is a booster product only and shouldn`t take the place of a regular full blown detailing job. However, I`m tempted at times just to forgo the multiple detailing route and use waud only.:nono

slov98
06-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by softball nut

I have been using the WAUD as a QD...full strength. IMHO, it ranks with the best QDs I`ve used...which include ClearKote, BeadX, Z6, and WG. For $4 for a 16 oz. bottle, it`s a great value. Has anyone found it in larger sizes?

costco is selling 2 large bottles for I think $8

jerry@robs
06-15-2004, 12:15 AM
Eagle One Cleaner Glaze is also one of the best products i`ve used.