PDA

View Full Version : tax on an order

bigbluebubbles
05-28-2004, 10:06 PM
i have placed two orders for almost 200 $ and i see they are coming from nashville ...i live in california ,,,why am i paying tax.......................and with 200$ in orders couldnt i get a free organizer or some free shipping or somthing..

Shineman
05-28-2004, 10:22 PM
If the company has multiple locations like many major retailers they have to collect taxes in every state even if your order is shipped from another state. For the most part I keep a close I on my supplies and order from outside Florida to make sure I dont get charge tax.

Mike_Phillips
06-02-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by bigbluebubbles

i have placed two orders for almost 200 $ and i see they are coming from Nashville ...I live in California ,,,why am I paying tax.......................and with 200$ in orders couldn’t I get a free organizer or some free shipping or something..

Hi bigbluebubbles,

We recently moved our warehouse to Tennessee, so while our Corporate headquarters are located in Irvine, CA, all product will be shipped from Portland, Tennessee.

The good news is you can order eaches of the Detailer line including Glass Cleaner!

Call our Customer Care Hotline with your order number and tell them that Mike Phillips sent you and see if they`ll set you up with the organizer.

As far as the tax issue goes, that’s out of my control. The most I can do is vote.

Mike

thinksnow
06-03-2004, 06:42 AM
This is correct. I worked at Dell and it was always fun explaining to people from Texas and Tennessee that they were paying an extra 100-200 bones because of our street address.

Originally posted by frontier

If the company has multiple locations like many major retailers they have to collect taxes in every state even if your order is shipped from another state. For the most part I keep a close I on my supplies and order from outside Florida to make sure I dont get charge tax.