PDA

View Full Version : How Do i Get Rid of these Scratches?

Prometheus
05-28-2004, 05:10 PM
Hi guys. I have some rather interstering scratches on my car door from keys and the like (power nothing on this car you have to understand). The scratches are white (car`s black), but when i run my fingernail over them my nail doesn`t dig in and doesnt feel anything. I dont get it. Its not deep enough to be worth painting and sanding and such (i dont think:nixweiss ), but i dont want to have to spend a week rubbing 3M or DACP into it (this is probably going to be by hand by the way). I also have some strange scratches on the roof from the previous owner (dont know how they got there) but they *appear* shallow, but dont seem to come out. What gives? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, im going to buy some MPPC, #9, prolly some #81, and #16 soon anyway, so if those will work all the better. If not, ill have to find something else. Thanks in advance.

Prometheus

Douxebris
05-28-2004, 06:19 PM
I`ve had real good luck using Meg`s Scratch X by hand on such scratches. And yes, it`s always best to follow with a milder polish, such as the #9 you`ll be getting.

Jeff Laughhunn

OC S2K
05-29-2004, 04:50 PM
I second scratch-x for something like that. I`ve used it on about 5 cars with those same scratches.

slov98
05-29-2004, 05:34 PM
I have a 7 inch scratch on my white hood, can`t really see it until up close, but you can definately feel that it cut through the clearcoat very nicely

somehow it doesn`t bother me yet I don`t know why

I don`t think there is anything OTC to cover it up a little?

Prometheus
05-30-2004, 03:12 PM
K thanks, ill try scratchx then.

newf
05-30-2004, 08:27 PM
scratchx just washes off. In a weeks time they will be back.

JasonD
05-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Are you saying Scratch-X doesn`t get rid of scratches? So is it more like a glaze than a compound? This is very disappointing because I just went out and bought some today, but if it`s true I will return it tomorrow.

newf
05-31-2004, 07:42 AM
I`m only one opinion, but I have never had scratchx get rid of a scratch permanently. It`s a quick fix. It fills in the scratch temporarily.

Keep in mind that I do not have a PC. I do everything by hand.