PDA

View Full Version : Collonite Carnuba Wax

NY_Joe
05-28-2004, 10:48 AM
Anyone have any opinions on it??

I have half a can of Collinite Marquis d`Elegance Wax still left to use.

I started using it on my `97 Montero Sport and then continued using it when I got my BMW in 2000. It gave the BMW a nice deep rich shine and lasted for a while. The BMW was Steel Grey.

I know have a 2003 Envoy in Steel Grey and 2004 Saab in dk blue and was thinking about using it on them.

Can I tak eoff carnuba witht he PC?? Or should carnuba and the PC never be used together??

Is Collinite good stuff?? I was always under the impression it was from many detailing depts at high end dealers(Infininti, BMW,MB)

Looking for any feedback since it seems you can always find someone here that has an answer to any question you might ask.

TIA.

Accumulator
05-28-2004, 12:13 PM
I like Collinite. It always looks OK, beads great, and it sure lasts a long time. It doesn`t look as good as some "exotic" products, but it`s not like it`ll make a vehicle with good prep work look crappy. No reason not to use it if *you`re* happy with how it goes on/off, how it looks, and how it lasts.

I use the 476S, which is *almost* the exact same thing as yours. I apply it with the PC and a finishing pad at speed 4-4.5, and often remove it with suede-style MF bonnets from TOL or MF bonnets from Meg`s.

I use something like a putty knife to put the wax on the PC pad.

Bill D
05-28-2004, 12:47 PM
Next time I see it, I`m going to pick it up for my gf`s car. This stuff clearly seems to be for the car owner who wants a nice finish year round but doesn`t want to commit to the high maintenance involved with many of our favorite last step products. This would be the product I would recommend to those just *a tad* less fanatical about the car`s appearance as me.

NY_Joe
05-28-2004, 01:01 PM
I bought it from here.....

http://www.collinite.com/

Thanks for the responses. I used 476S on my white `95 Galant LS. That was a good wax also.

unclearty
05-28-2004, 01:27 PM
Does anyone here like Collinite Fleetwax #885..the paste version?

I have a can of it sitting in my basement...should I try it?

ALAN81
05-28-2004, 06:39 PM
LOVE COLLONITE but its a PITA to remove MDE is there top of the line at $25 for a can.You dont get a blazing shine but it does last long.There liquid waxes are easier to use.476s is easier to use and is a paste.There is company that sells COLLINITE on the web and there is no shipping charge but I forgot the websight

i

NY_Joe
05-29-2004, 01:46 AM
I find the collinite give me a good shine and a deep shine. I have always used carnuba so I don`t know anyhting else but a lil elbow grease takin it off.

If i do carnuba, is their any topper I can put on to enhance the shine??

imported_RIC
05-29-2004, 08:20 AM
NY_Joe--

Try some s100. You can get at most Harley Dealerships for about $15.00. It is very easy to apply and remove.