PDA

View Full Version : GW and Carnuba

imported_Malachi
05-27-2004, 10:08 PM
I have use AIO+SG+S100 and the car looks great. But as you know the carnuba look fades away and we have to re-wax.

Is GW the only sealer that can go on top of carnuba to lock in that look? 1Z MP contains carnuba and GW goes on top of that. Are there any other products that work this way?

imported_eggroll
05-27-2004, 10:12 PM
You can use EX-P over Pwc.

imported_Malachi
05-27-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by eggroll

You can use EX-P over Pwc.

I have read about those products but don`t know much about them. Is EX-P, a synthetic and/or does it give long term protection?

ben54
05-27-2004, 10:47 PM
Can GW go over any carnuba, or is it just 1Z products?

imported_eggroll
05-27-2004, 10:56 PM
Yes it is the a synthetic, pure version of EX by Poorboys. It has sat on my mom`s car for about 7 weeks and still beads. This is on a somewhat neglected car. It gets hand washed about once a month by me, it seems that I am more worried about her car than she is!

It can also be used over VM with no problems. There are a lot of threads about this product.

ALAN81
05-28-2004, 09:21 AM
ANY PRODUCT FROM POORBOYS is a quality product.That is one good company and at anytime if you are unhappy you can contact the owner and he will exchange the product or work with you. EX -p is fine

LOTA OT
05-28-2004, 01:09 PM
I don`t think 1Z GW will "lock in" your carnuba topper. If anything, all the solvents in GW will probably remove the carnuba.

Michael

imported_Intermezzo
05-28-2004, 01:51 PM
I think this "what" can be applied on top of "what" is turning into an obsession here on Autopia. The vast majority of the time, when we apply a product "on top" of another product, a lot of the underlying product is being removed.

Most of the so-called sealants here can be applied on top of whatever you want. I’m talking about products like EX, EX-P, WG, UPP, BF, NXT, & the rest of the “I have a carnauba-like shine but last like a mofo because I somehow figured out how to crosslink myself while soaked in oils†gang. :rolleyes:

Durability of most of these products is only a few months anyways so it doesn`t really matter if the underlying product is causing any bonding issues. Furthermore, the sealants I just listed do not spare much of what it`s being applied on anyways (due to *refined* cleaners and/or the nature of their solvents) ...so just apply whatever product tickles your fancy and enjoy your shine without worrying about what’s going on underneath. :)

The same holds true for waxes. Apply P21S on top of any of the sealants I listed above and you can pretty much kiss them good-bye. The only exception to this rule, IMO, is when Klasse is the underlying sealant.

BTW, mpauly... I agree. Glanz wax is a good product...but it certainly isn`t going to `lock-in` anything.. It`ll make quick work of whatever it`s applied on top of.