PDA

View Full Version : PC white pad ripped!

Blackmirror
05-27-2004, 08:43 PM
This is the white pad that came with the PC. I don`t care for it now as I have 2 velcro backed white pads from CMA. I think I ripped it by accident when I was squeezing it as I was rinsing the pad. Here`s some pics:

Blackmirror
05-27-2004, 08:45 PM
and one more:

JustinR32
05-27-2004, 08:52 PM
That`s what it does; it rips.

The best use for that pad is as a mount for a mf bonnet, sed to remove wax.

You need a velcro backing plate and a set of decent pads. Get two polishing and two finishing, to start.

Tom

TN9thSi
05-27-2004, 08:58 PM
Yeah, get a hook & loop backing plate and some good quality pads. That thing that comes in the box is pretty crappy, IMO. I used it once and haven`t touched it since.

Blackmirror
05-28-2004, 11:21 AM
That`s what it does; it rips. The best use for that pad is as a mount for a mf bonnet, sed to remove wax.

Good Idea I`ll use it for that purpose then. Can the pad be repaired? I`m thinking of using 3M adhesive spray.

Yeah, get a hook & loop backing plate and some good quality pads.

Yeah I just got my pad kit yesterday from CMA and they are excellent!:bounce

Colorado S14
05-28-2004, 04:17 PM
Mine tore apart the first day I used it. I had been reading that the best way to dry the pad after rincing them out was to put it on the maching and turn it on. Well I did that and the pad just blew up, scared the crap out of me but pretty funny.

jimmybuffit
05-28-2004, 05:23 PM
I think Mosca, as usual, has the best advice. Happened to me on my 1st try, also.

Actually, it would make a good frisbee. Throw it as far as you can.

Jim

JustinR32
05-28-2004, 06:48 PM
"sed" = "used". Keyboard`s startin` to stick.

Tom