PDA

View Full Version : What to do about wheel wells..

Bowens99gt
05-27-2004, 02:24 PM
All I can say is that mine are dirty but when I try to clean them, after I do so they still look like crap even before I drive....is there some kind of coating I can spray on or somehting?

Thanks

Brandon

04BlackAV
05-27-2004, 02:58 PM
After I clean mine with EO A2Z I just spray em with cheap ol AA,I`ve got some Mop N Glo but I haven`t tried it yet,someone here has suggested trying that.

imported_Luster
05-27-2004, 03:04 PM
Most of the time, after cleaning, I use ArmorAll Tire Foam. Leaves a sheen and darkens the plastic inner fender.

For car shows, I use the same technique, except I wipe down the wheel wells after the Tire Foam.....

Also, it seems to be easier to clean next time. AA Tire foam doesn`t seem to get "Gummy" like some other tire products...

General Lee
05-27-2004, 03:07 PM
After you get them as clean as you can get , if you have the plastic coated wells which most vehicles do, Spray paint them black with a durable paint. It really does make a difference. Besure to protect nearby ares from over spray. I had a 1992 S-10 where I would spray the wells every few months as needed and they looked good.

Bill D
05-27-2004, 03:21 PM
What happens when the painted wells *may*get dirty to the point where they would need strong cleaners or even power washing? I hope the paint doesn`t come off, youll have to totally repaint. I was just thinking about this recently: Anyone try the new Krylon (?) paint for plastic on wells? Maybe this will be the best kind of paint if you really do need to paint them

Gonzo
05-27-2004, 04:36 PM
I use Meg`s EngineKote on my DD. Lasts quite a while - for me at least 2 months and its been WET here in Houston of late.....

<--- Thats my DD

Bill D
05-27-2004, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I`m a big advocate of EK for that very reason, I think paint should be used only when extreme measures are necessary.

General Lee
05-28-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Bill D

Yeah, I`m a big advocate of EK for that very reason, I think paint should be used only when extreme measures are necessary.

I agree, I guess it all depends on what kind of vehicle you have. My 92 Chev truck was not in perfect condition and painting the wells improved appearence. After time, washes, and wear you will most likely need to touch it up again. If they simply won`t come clean I see no harm in painting them every once in a while.

imported_pugoman
05-28-2004, 01:30 AM
I use AmorAll on my wheelwells - does a good job when you consider how cheap it is. I`d like to try EK, but it`s too expensive over here in the UK so I haven`t tried it as yet.

kpounds
05-28-2004, 06:09 AM
I`ve used APC+, Orange Blast and EO A2Z all with good results.