PDA

View Full Version : Mazda3 only Natural Products

Pages : [1] 2

3Wheeler
05-27-2004, 01:47 AM
Hi folks. Just joined forum tonight, but think this one is better here than in the "University."

I bought a Mazda3 about 6 weeks ago. The manual instructs to use only "natural" waxes.

Comments?

GoodnClean
05-27-2004, 02:10 AM
Interesting, I haven`t seen that in a manual before...

I wouldn`t put much stock in it myself, synthetic sealants have proven themselves to be completely safe for all automotive finishes...

jbakerjr
05-27-2004, 02:54 AM
Welcome to Autopia forum. :wavey

Wow, somehow I missed that in the 3 manual. I have owned and driven a Mazda 3S for about four months.

I am no expert. I have only been reading on this board since March. But, logically, paint is paint. I don`t know of anything special about the 3`s paint. Other than it is very hard and brittle. Translates to more work when trying to remove swirls or scratches. The best advice I can give you is ensure your washing technique doesn`t induce swirls or scratches. Read, Read, Read.

The `learn` button at the top of the page is a `good` thing.

Back to your question. I have been using AIO on my car regularly. Also have followed with SG, NXT and WOLFGANG. I usually top with a `natural` wax. I love the results. I don`t intend on changing my methods. The car looks great. ( a few pictures are posted in my gallery.)

Best of luck with your 3. I know you will love it as much as I love mine.

BTW: CLAY that thing. You won`t believe the amount of air pollutants that found their way to your paint during shipment.

Aurora
05-27-2004, 05:41 AM
Cool, we need picks of the 3`s on this forum. It`s the only compact car on the road the makes heads turn. Pics pics pics!

I`m not the one to give advice on wax, but only natural is really odd.:confused:

imported_becks
05-27-2004, 07:03 AM
Hey good to see other Mazda 3`s on here. I`ve had mine for about 3 months now and I never noticed that in the manual either, I`ve been using NXT and have gotten some amazing results on the 3. Here`s a couple of pics of my ride

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/577000-577999/577802_3_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/577000-577999/577802_10_full.jpg http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/1/web/577000-577999/577802_2_full.jpg

Accumulator
05-27-2004, 09:28 AM
3wheeler- Welcome to Autopia! Don`t worry about what the manual says (but :xyxthumbs for actually reading it).

Our Mazda (`02 MPV) does just great with Klasse AIO+ SGx5. Been doing it since new, no problems at all.

As said, clay it. There really is a lot of crap imbedded in them by the time you take delivery.

Do study up on how to wash/dry properly. Mazda clear is pretty hard, so it`s possible to keep it marring-free, but it`s a pain to get the marring OUT if you swirl it.

3Wheeler
05-27-2004, 12:27 PM
Thx for the welcome and the advice, guys. (By the way, ladies, I use "guys" as a "gender-neurtal" word.)

I think I might contact Mazda for fun, and see what they have to say for themselves about this "only natural waxes" business.

As for post-shipment claying, I thought the cars were covererd in some protective substance during shipping, and that getting it off was one of the things the dealer had to do. I`m a total newbie to all of this, so I`m not doubting you guys -- just confused.

Just after I bought the car, I hired a "professional detailer" to do everything necessary. I`m a little disappointed that he never mentioned claying it; he used cleaner wax then carnuba (at my request). Looks great, but now it appears I`ve got to clay it and then protect it again. I`m just starting off on detailing, so the whole thing makes me a little nervous. (Hopefully this forum will reduce my jitters.)

Thanks again. As requested, a couple of pics below.

3Wheeler
05-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Sorry guys, but meathead me can`t figure out how to post pics with replies, and I`ve got to run now. I hope to figure it out later -- but when I do, should I post the pics of my ride here?--I read in Sticky`s do`s and don`ts that you should post them elsewhere.

Damn, every time I turn a corner, more confusion. Lucky I`ve got good tires!

togwt
05-27-2004, 12:41 PM
~One man’s opinion / observations ~

Welcome to Autopia, that is a nice Mazda3

Even new cars that have been setting on the lot for a few weeks can accumulate surface contamination. Don`t assume a vehicle that looks good is contamination free (they pick-up brake dust and if shipped by rail, rotor dust, which becomes imbedded into the paint film surface))

Natural products are very hard to come by, Zymol’s range only use natural oils etc in their products. As others have suggested synthetic polymer sealants (like Klasse, Zanio, NXT, and etc) offer better protection and durability than Carnauba wax can.

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect *so I question everything*

Accumulator
05-27-2004, 03:55 PM
3wheeler- Even with the protective film, stuff gets into the paint. And, for future reference, many of us take the film off ourselves. Not a big deal.

You`ll be able to do a great job on the car yourself. Or at least gain a lot of knowledge that`ll help you get it done properly by a pro.

imported_Yosemite Dan
05-27-2004, 05:06 PM
I have a silver Mazda 6 and have been using the Klasse twins with no problems. I think Mazda puts the info in there just in case some doofus decides he wants spray the car with Pam because he was advised by a bigger doofus.

The Mazda paint does seem to withstand marring quite well as my car has very little although you did pick a good colour to hide it.

Congrats on the 3, it`s a car that`s the best bang for the buck right now and the best selling car in Canada after being out for only 6 months. I`m amazed at how many I see on the roads of Toronto already, great for resale. I knew Canadians had good taste.

becks: good choice of blue on your 3, would of loved to get that colour for my 6 instead of that blue with the purple hue they have for the 6.

albs
05-27-2004, 07:18 PM
Just curious...

Do you remember if the dealer offered you the "Paint Sealant" option when you purchased your 3???

Jesstzn
05-27-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by 3wheeler

Thx for the welcome and the advice, guys. (By the way, ladies, I use "guys" as a "gender-neurtal" word.)

. Such a nice feller .. ^^^:D

imported_Yosemite Dan
05-27-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by albs

Just curious...

Do you remember if the dealer offered you the "Paint Sealant" option when you purchased your 3???

That`s a given, along with the scare tactics of not getting it and then telling you that you will never need to wax which contradicts what the manual says about only using natural wax which the dealer will then counter that by saying it`s a natural paint sealant.:rolleyes:

3Wheeler
05-28-2004, 04:01 AM
I must say -- you folks sure know how to make a person feel welcome: thanks, all!

I`m not sure why, but suddenly detailing my car has really grabbed my attention by the scruff of the neck! My interest has been snowballing ever since I got the car. I`ve had new cars before, but never felt remotely like this. Weird.

Anyway, so it`s tremendous to find this forum. I`ve never been in a forum or any other kind of Internet Group, so don`t surprised if I totally blow forumiquette. I`d appreciate being informed of any gaffes, if it wouldn`t be too much trouble. Can`t learn from mistakes you don`t know you`ve made. I`ve got a thick skin.

My replies to others are set out in thread order (I`m not going to respond to all, just where a response is either requested or strikes me as appropriate):

~~Hey jbkergr!~~ Your 3 looks great! I see from your pic that the rear spoiler really puts a finishing touch on the car. I don`t know about where you`re from, but up here the rear spoiler is a Mazda accessory you buy after you`ve bought the car. Part, paint, and install $500, I was quoted yesterday. I think the thing should be on there when you buy it, like it is on the 6 -- certainly when you`re buying the top model, at least. Anyway, no sense crying over about-to-be spilled milk. I can hardly wait to get it.

Do you think it`s important to clay the car asap, or can I leave the fresh Carnuba on for a while?

~~Hey jrocc1212~~You`re singing my song! I find the 3`s looks entrancing! Hell, whenever I walk away from it I feel like walking backwards so I can keep looking at it -- a potentially dangerous manoeuvre in parking lots. I still haven`t figured out how to attach pics to Replies, so I`ve put some pics in my gallery. (The picture posting business has really got me stumped; it`s odd, because while I`m a novice detailer, my computer and I go way back. I couldn`t find a help or faq section.

~~Hey albs~~ The dealer didn`t have a chance to offer me paint sealant. I was hunting a car like the one I eventually found, by phoning every Mazda dealership in the Lower Mainland. I was told the car was non-existent in this neck of the woods for 3 to 4 months, but I called every one anyway. (By the way, yesterday a Mazda salesman told me the supply of 3s was completely drying up -- Mazda has no more to send over.) Anyway, I finally found what I wanted and bought it over the phone as soon as he said he had it. There was no dickering: I was aware that, because of the 3`s scarcity and demand, no dealers were moving from MSRP.

I didn`t set foot at the dealership until delivery day, so they had no opportunity to spiel me on paint sealant or anything else. I actually brought the paint sealant subject up when I was there, asking was it recommended and the price: yes and $300 were the answers. ~~Hey Yosemite Dan~~ out here, 3`s are fairly rare -- I don`t see that many at all. I guess the Eastern dealers got the cars first, and more of them than the West. I agree that the 3 is the best bang for the buck right now, by a country mile.

Bye for now.