PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Some **** poured oil on my car overnight, and it has soaked INTO the bumpers!

03WRXMA
05-26-2004, 04:37 PM
Not sure who, or why... But I need to know HOW to fix this.

Overnight it seems someone being an *** poured what looks like liquid cooking oil on my car. It washed off the trunk/hood/roof fine, but on the front and rear bumpers you can see where it dripped down, and the drip marks wont come out.

I tried to wet sand with 1800, and then hit with the buffer, but the "stain" is below the surface.

Anyone ever deal with anything like this before?

wash-girl
05-26-2004, 06:22 PM
Painted or rubber bumper? I`m guessing that since you wet-sanded it`s painted. If it`s rubber or vinyl, try Meg`s #39. If painted, try a Dawn wash followed by a chemical paint cleaner like AIO, MPPC, or S100/P21S Paint Cleanser. No promises, but that`s how I`d approach it.

foxtrapper
05-27-2004, 06:52 AM
Yea, I`ve seen oil all over cars before. From those that leak, to one I used to wipe down with ATF in a regular basis.

Bit of soap and water takes it off. A few days of waiting lets the rest of it evaporate out. If you can`t wait, use an oily type of polish/glaze, something like the Meguires Deep Crystal Step 2. It will then match.

Btw, in case you`re wondering, an oily rag makes a primer black Fiat look really nice.

Diamond Details
05-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Kids today ..... or maybe it was an angry ex-girlfriend / wife? heh