PDA

View Full Version : Nasty hazing/swirlmarks from new paint job...hand solutions?

Quacker
05-26-2004, 08:42 AM
The painting that my body shop did looks great, but if I look at the areas they did in bright sunlight, I can see massive amounts of swirling. I can tell where they used polish on the hood, trunk, etc...it`s a lot of fat, hazy looking circles. What can I use to get rid of this? Besides going back to him to ask for a better buffing job? I don`t have a PC or anything...will lots of hand applications of some sort of glaze/polish work? Merzerna? #9? #81? Premium Paint Cleaner? I just got a bottle of #7, and it cuts down the amount of light the circles catch, but it hasn`t completely removed/hidden them.

Jesstzn
05-26-2004, 10:06 AM
Before you mess with it too much I`d take it back and ask them to * remove* the swirls .. tell them you don`t want them to put a glaze on it only to have it come back next week.

ncal
05-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Or tell them that you want a detailer to take care of it and have them foot the bill.

tb's type-s
05-26-2004, 06:52 PM
Good luck wit the shop most are pretty difficult to deal with when admitting fault is involved.

-Tony

BTW, I am assuming this is quacker from clubrsx thanks for mentioning this site I have spent about 6 hours in it in the 2 days I have known about it. I ordered some things from the shop here on autopia and will write a lengthly review about what great customer service I have recieved and about this forum in general so be sure and post in that thread.