PDA

View Full Version : Need a swirl remover that`s more aggressive than DACP

chu_singming
05-25-2004, 06:15 PM
Hey guys, I`m still trying to fight swirls on my black truck. DACP pretty much did nothing for them (applied with PC). I need a suggestion of a swirl remover that is more aggressive and that can be applied with a PC. I was thinking 3M Perfect it III but I wanted to get some suggestions first.

Thanks.

c.cmbrodbeck@su
05-25-2004, 06:17 PM
i would be interested in knowing this answer when applied with pc.

bump for ya

my guess would be powergloss though fwiw...

-Chad

ZaneO
05-25-2004, 06:28 PM
What pad and technique did you use with the DACP?

Much stronger than that and a rotary is in order.

I would suggest a yellow pad and the PC on 6 if you haven`t tried it yet.

Accumulator
05-25-2004, 06:33 PM
I don`t think the regular PI-III RC ( pn 05933) would be much if any stronger than the DACP; it`s pretty mild stuff when used by PC. Maybe the PI-III Extra Cut RC (pn 05936) but I dunno about using it with a PC instead of a rotary. Most aggressive products need a rotary`s heat/speed to break them down properly.

The strongest thing *I* use by PC is 1Z`s Ultra Polish.

chu_singming
05-25-2004, 06:33 PM
I used a yellow pad on 4-5.

jstn
05-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Hartman

I used a yellow pad on 4-5.

go on a test panel and bump up the speed to 6 and see if things turn out better. im betting they should.

chu_singming
05-25-2004, 06:45 PM
OK I will give it a shot.

Spilchy
05-25-2004, 06:54 PM
Also, after you do it, you may have to go back and do it again. I agree with Accumulator, 1ZUP is a product which is a little more aggressive but can be used with a PC from what I have read.

Remember, sometimes you may have to live with some surface imperfections. You can round them out and fill them, but without rotary and a skilled technique, you may have to live with them.

The clear coat`s integrity, especially with a daily driver is more important *for me* I would`t go around more than a couple times with a strong polish, cutting pad, speed 6 and pressure.

chu_singming
05-25-2004, 07:13 PM
I just want to knock down the swirls and the cloudiness a little bit. When I put the Klasse twins on it a few months ago, it looked great and very glossy until I looked at it in the sun, and it looked awful.

Spilchy
05-25-2004, 07:37 PM
Try hitting it with a glaze like Vanilla Moose after DACP. Or try NXT after DACP. Top those with a wax like #16 or other carnuaba wax and you`ll be happy

This will help knock down the swirls and definately the cloudiness.

wifehatescar
05-26-2004, 08:28 AM
You can try PB`s SSR3 on a PC...slightly more agressive than DACP I think. It worked ok for me.