PDA

View Full Version : Natural Deep Sea Sponge - Asking for Swirls or a great tool?

imported_Intermezzo
05-25-2004, 04:44 PM
I have a few natural deep sea sponges I`ve accumulated over the years that were included as free gifts from various online vendors. They`ve been sitting in their original packaging for quite some time now and my wife wants me to use them to `texture-paint` one of the bedrooms.

I can`t imagine actually using one of these on our cars because of all the mixed reviews on whether or not they leave swirls. But on the other hand, I`m wondering if I`m missing out on a wonderful car washing experience by not using them? It`s obvious they hold massive amounts of water...far more than any mitt could hold. Any thoughts? Experiences?

Thanks.

Tony

imported_jgv
05-25-2004, 05:16 PM
I use one to wash my wheels....Works great!

Bobby G
05-25-2004, 05:35 PM
I used to carry them... any questions?

Accumulator
05-25-2004, 06:26 PM
I too have a couple I bought but can`t bring myself to use. I tried selling them on A-bay at about 50% off, no takers :(

Spilchy
05-26-2004, 08:22 PM
C`mon Accum, you`re a BHB maven so I`d figured you`d be the one to traverse the deep sea sponge thresh hold! :p

(I bought the BHB wheel brush from Griot`s based on your recommendation. :xyxthumbs Works great although sheds a little)

If I had a seas sponge I`d relegate it to my wheels.

rd_volvo
06-05-2004, 08:19 AM
They work great on wheels as they easily get into all the turns and tight places. They won`t touch my paintwork though!