PDA

View Full Version : Making my car mint. I need help

spiroh
05-25-2004, 09:50 AM
Guys,

I already have Klasse and a PC. I want to get rid of my swirl marks that I have a and pretty much make my car in mint condition. I have a black car. I have pretty bad swird marks on my car so I would probably have to go with something pretty abrasive. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Spiro

Accumulator
05-25-2004, 10:07 AM
Pick your brand- Meg`s, 3M, Poorboy`s, Menzerna come to mind if you`re using Klasse. Get a strong polish (#83, 05933, SSR2, Intensive) and a mild one (#82, 05937, SSR1, Final). Get a cutting pad and two polishing pads. Use speed 5-6. Plan to spend a lot of time on it.

jstn
05-25-2004, 10:22 AM
Spiro,

i also have a black acura (rsx), and i just did a whole detail on it and it is the best i have ever seen my car.

the process was..

wash

claybar w/ 50/50 S&W and water lube

PP w/ polishing pad on speed 5 (you can replace this w/ Klasse AIO)

SSR2 w/ polishing pad on speed 5.5-6 (i highly suggest using the highest speed you are comfortable with because SSR2 just glows after being finished @ speed 6)

4*UPP x3 (one coat looked amazing, but 3 is to make sure every millimeter was covered:D)

hold off on the "useless w/out pics" smiley. i wish i had a digi cam handy:( . either way, many people know those products are known to give superb results.

spiroh
05-25-2004, 04:18 PM
Thanks Guys. What are better products poorboys ssr`s or 3m finesse, SMR? Which one cuts better with the PC?

imported_eggroll
05-25-2004, 04:28 PM
I haven`t used the other polishes, but I will say that the poorboy`s polishes are very user friendly and very easy to buff off. I also use the 1z polishes PB has replaced Menzerna for me.

jstn
05-25-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by spiroh

Thanks Guys. What are better products poorboys ssr`s or 3m finesse, SMR? Which one cuts better with the PC?

i wont say one is flat out better than the other, but i will say if i had the choice i would choose poorboys ssr`s over any others.

spiroh
05-25-2004, 05:05 PM
Yeah I`m going to go with poorboy`s products. I will probably clay then use ssr2.5 when it comes out, then move to ssr1 then end it with the klasse products.

shirtman
05-25-2004, 05:49 PM
Spiroh,

I have used 3M Finesse It for dark colored cars with GREAT success... after a good claying. Follow up with your Klasse Twins, and if you want glow and not stark reflection, top it with Souvern. Magical combination See here for pics: http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=2118&thumb=1

Black is beautiful - when it is polished in this way.

Jeff