PDA

View Full Version : difference in quality between MF at Costco?

Pages : [1] 2

turborave
05-25-2004, 08:21 AM
i got a pack of the MF towels from costco about 3-4 months ago i guess. they are pretty thick and plush, good for product removal. Well, i have been doing more cars lately so i decided to get a couple more packs. i went to costco last weekend and got 2 more packs. i just washed them last night for the 1st time before i use them and they seem thinner and not as plush as the ones i got before. has anyone noticed a difference between packs there? could it be that after washing and drying the older ones they have plumped up? thanks for any input!

Bobby G
05-25-2004, 09:04 AM
Did you read the package to see where the towels are manufactured? I`ve never looked, but my guess is they are made in China, not Korea.

The Koreans (for the most part) really have manufacturing quality down to a science. The towels I get from Korea have consistent build quality. This is not the case in China. Build quality is all over the place. One lot of mf product will be great, and the very next order will suck.

Just a thought... if you`re going to save money on a towel (in manufacturing), the best way to do it is a lighter fabric.

turborave
05-25-2004, 09:12 AM
:( i already threw out the packaging.. maybe its on the label.. i`ll look when i get home, before i de-label them all.

edit: there is a web address on the package it was www.eurowcorp.com

i have tried going to it, but it doesnt really work. just points you to a bunch of MF sites.

and if i remember, isnt Eurow the company that makes the sheepskin washmitts at Walmart?

III
05-25-2004, 09:24 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DavidB

[B]Did you read the package to see where the towels are manufactured? I`ve never looked, but my guess is they are made in China, not Korea.

The Koreans (for the most part) really have manufacturing quality down to a science. The towels I get from Korea have consistent build quality. This is not the case in China. Build quality is all over the place. One lot of mf product will be great, and the very next order will suck.[QUOTE]

So are you saying that mostly all of the towels coming from China are not as good? Maybe some vendors can chime in like Patrick and Ian. Patrick`s yellow/blue microfiber towels are made in China and Ian`s pro-detailing towels are also made there. I think both of these towels are very good. This topic I believe has been discussed before about towels coming from Korea vs China.

OC S2K
05-25-2004, 02:52 PM
Costcos have some lint when I use them. (I wash with MF only).

Bill D
05-25-2004, 02:58 PM
Eurow is indeed the manufacturer of the Wal Mart sheepskin mitts. I`m very choosy when I find them ( mostly out of stock here lately) . I`ve probably spent a good 15 mins standing in the aisle trying the judge which mitts are most plush and are best constructed. I wonder what the security camera operators think. :D

EBPcivicsi
05-25-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

Eurow is indeed the manufacturer of the Wal Mart sheepskin mitts. I`m very choosy when I find them ( mostly out of stock here lately) . I`ve probably spent a good 15 mins standing in the aisle trying the judge which mitts are most plush and are best constructed. I wonder what the security camera operators think. :D

LOL! I do the same thing!

The costco MF`s are made in china 70/30. I have noticed a bit of inconsistency, but nothing major. I have over one hundred, I like them for the $.

turborave
05-25-2004, 08:59 PM
ok, the label said they were made in China. They def. arent as plush and thick as the ones i got before. But, i took the tags off the older ones too, so i dont know thier origin. the edges of the new ones seem to fray a little in the wash.. there were some loose threads from the edge stich that i trimmed off. i hope these are ok, after all i just bought 2 whole packs of them! 24 is alot of MF towels to have that arent good :(

ZaneO
05-25-2004, 09:26 PM
You can still use them for windows, wheels, chrome, etc.

ben54
05-25-2004, 09:49 PM
I noticed that after I washed the Costco MFs once, it left a lot of fine fibers on the car and the MF got a little stiffer. The MFs I have that are made in Korea had neither problem. I don`t use the Costco MFs on black, but use it on my beater. It does a good job at buffing off wax and I`m not too concerned about micro scraches on that car as it sees a lot of abuse anyways.

I do rip off the tags on the Costco MFs as the tags seem to leave scratches in the paint, but I found them decent overall.

turborave
05-25-2004, 10:45 PM
were the ones from Korea from costco too?

ben54
05-25-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by turborave

were the ones from Korea from costco too?

No, the ones from Korea were from various vendors of detailing products.

ALAN81
05-27-2004, 05:54 AM
The yellow MF sold at COSCO (at least here)are made by EUROW. I paid $8.29 for 12 They are not the plushist but they are not bad for removing wax/polish either.They never scratched my car.

turborave
05-27-2004, 02:03 PM
what i was trying to get at was, the MFs at costco are all packed with the "Eurow" branding, but there are some that are made in China and some that are made in Korea. and the Korean ones are better (thicker, plusher) than the chinese ones.

ben54
05-27-2004, 02:10 PM
I gotta look at the new Costco MFs I have. I thought they were all made in China. The old ones have all of the tags ripped off. Nevery thought about looking at all of the packages to determine if they are from Korea or China.