PDA

View Full Version : Adding QD to car wash mix

C-MDX
05-24-2004, 10:08 PM
I`m not sure if this has been discuss before but can you add QD to the car wash mix so you don`t have to go through the car again after drying?? I do have WAUD.

rstype
05-24-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by C-MDX

I`m not sure if this has been discuss before but can you add QD to the car wash mix so you don`t have to go through the car again after drying?? I do have WAUD.

I doubt it. Even if you washed your car with a bucket of QD, the final rinse will more than likely take the QD off with it. Spraying QD/WAUD on a wet car to assist drying and improve slickness may be a better idea. :up

Thomas Dekany
05-24-2004, 10:12 PM
A painter friend told me once to add Mag`s #7 to the car wash to get a nice wet look in a hurry.

It works for me every time.

beastie
05-24-2004, 10:17 PM
I`ve been adding a half capful AIO to my wash bucket for my Klasse`d cars. While AIO kills the suds, it gives an added dimension to the wash as a chemical cleaner. I`ve been seeing little to no improvement to QDing (EO or Sonus) after washing with AIO added. It also makes the surface slick. I tried adding a layer of SG after a wash like this and it seems to be a good prelude to it.

Soarer V
05-24-2004, 10:55 PM
I tried adding a layer of SG after a wash like this and it seems to be a good prelude to it.

Does AIO in the wash remove SG, or other products such as Glaze, wax, etc.?

BlueRanger
05-24-2004, 11:51 PM
Why not just add SG to the water?:nixweiss

beastie
05-25-2004, 12:01 AM
The very minimal amount of AIO will at most clean the paint contaminants off. You would need a lot more undiluted AIO to take off SG. It could possibly "exfoliate" but not completely remove the SG. The slickness is either from AIo itself or from the "exfoliated" SG surface, I don`t know. I really didn`t get any improvements with an after-wash qd.

TLL
05-25-2004, 02:00 PM
Why dont you just use a good polymer based wash and wax and not the usual suspecs. you get at the store ( they add parifin wax ). This would be more cost effective and would give you a superior final product

P.NOiZE
05-25-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by tdekany

A painter friend told me once to add Mag`s #7 to the car wash to get a nice wet look in a hurry.

It works for me every time.

Wow, now that`s different! How much do you add? Any residue / rinsing problems?

ncal
05-25-2004, 02:25 PM
To make things quick I pour my shampoo, polish, wax, and trim protectants all into a bucket of water. Then I pour it over my car and I`ve done everything at once! Never heard about the #7 trick, very interesting.

andriver
05-25-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by TLL

Why dont you just use a good polymer based wash and wax and not the usual suspecs. you get at the store ( they add parifin wax ). This would be more cost effective and would give you a superior final product

I use 1Z Perls which already has polymer protectants. After each wash it looks as if it has just been QD`d.

imported_Intermezzo
05-25-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by ncal

To make things quick I pour my shampoo, polish, wax, and trim protectants all into a bucket of water. Then I pour it over my car and I`ve done everything at once! Never heard about the #7 trick, very interesting.

LMAO!! :D

leadfoot
05-25-2004, 03:37 PM
every 10,000 miles I detail the engine on the rx8 add a gallon of 5w30 and a cup of brake fluid to the wash topped with a screenwash and steering fluid rinse .

saves me £Â£Ã‚£Ã‚£Ã‚£Ã‚£Ã‚£ on main dealer servicing: down :down

he he he

seriously though polymer polishes work by leaving a layer of polymer in the case of AIO on the panel

I doubt if it will bond to a wet panel

Got any pics of the drive..............................

thats where all the polish is

TLL
05-25-2004, 04:37 PM
A high quality polymer wash and wax will cationically bond to the painted surface leaving gloss and lasting protection