PDA

View Full Version : 5 star shine PTFE

greentie88
05-23-2004, 01:48 PM
just bought a saturn ion 3 for my wife, she wanted black and it will live on the street in los angeles (lots of dirt, dust & little leaves). looked at 5 star website and it seems to be an appropriate product but expensive. does anybody have an opinion about this product or another.

LouisanaJeeper
05-23-2004, 02:44 PM
wayyy over priced, you realize it is only 2oz of polish and like 2oz of some wash.

You are better off with a tried and true system like Zaino or Klasse or mabey even Wolfgang

www.zainostore.com or www.detailersparadise.com (autopia discount) www.topoftheline.com or www.autogeek.net (discount code corvetteforum)

imported_krsjuan
05-23-2004, 05:19 PM
I agree with Jeeper. Plus I always feel uncomfortable buying things online when the website looks cheesy. I don`t know, just a pet peeve of mine. Do a search for 5 star shine. I think there was a thread a few weeks back with a guy that didn`t have the best results with it. Just dont buy into the hype on their site.

majik1
05-23-2004, 06:02 PM
yeah , i wouldnt bother w/ the 5 star....imho....

for black, try meguiars NXT or MPPP......

jimmybuffit
05-23-2004, 06:20 PM
There are so many other options...

Just read a little...

If you enjoy caring for your car, I highly recommend the Klasse Twins and an S100 topper. The topper prolly needs to be reapplied every 4-5 weeks...

5 star needs to build a little more credibility, in my eyes...

Jim