PDA

View Full Version : when the clay bar?

winestine
05-23-2004, 12:07 AM
i currently have a 2004 graphite gray peral is300. i had it for about 3 months. i was wonderin when i should clay bar. is there any possible way for the clay bar to hurt my paint? thanks!

Webb
05-23-2004, 12:09 AM
here (http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=14)

a.k.a. Patrick
05-23-2004, 01:47 AM
Wine, i normally clay a couple times a yr. Its not going to hurt the paint, youll probably never need anyting more aggressive than a medium grade bar, or even fine grade. Just make sure you use some sort of lubricant, some use soapy water, QD`s, or just water like myself....

Welcome to Autopia.......

ben54
05-23-2004, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by winestine

i currently have a 2004 graphite gray peral is300. i had it for about 3 months. i was wonderin when i should clay bar. is there any possible way for the clay bar to hurt my paint? thanks!

I used clay on a crystal white IS300 with no problem. IMO, clay is a great product because it removes imbedded junk better than rubbing compound, but much safer. I didn`t notice any damage from the clay bar when I used it.

Oh yeah, welcome.

Soarer V
05-23-2004, 03:40 AM
When vehicles are delivered to dealers they may have rail or other contaminantes on the surfaces. Some Detailers will clay the day they take delivery of the new cars.:welcome