PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna & Vanilla Moose.

qwik
05-22-2004, 04:07 PM
I was wondering which is a better polish.

Currently when i see some swirls emerging i break out the menzerna twins (ip and fp) than top go with KAIO and SG. I was wondering though if i just want to get a really nice shine going after a few washes should i just use FP as my polish than a wax topper or is VM better at all compared to FP? I know that if i use either i will probably strip my wax thus starting over but thats ok.

What i plan on doing in the near future is menzerna IP/FP/glaze/wolfgang/S100 will VM fit into this equation or should i know bother? Thanks.

Accumulator
05-23-2004, 09:54 AM
Honestly, I`d say to work on whatever`s causing the marring so you can just keep refreshing your LSP and not have to polish so often. But anyhow...VM is just another approach to the "final polishing" and/or glazing step. Not necessarily better/worse than FP, just different. Biggest difference is that VM has protection in it; it`s kinda a "cleaner wax" (no, that`s not a criticism).

I use VM on some cars, but not others. Yeah, it looks good with a wax topper. It`s a good product to have around and it`s trim-friendly. Most people find it *very* user-friendly, too.

In the IP[...]S100 approach, the VM would be the "glaze" step. But I dunno if a) I`d use it before WG, and b) I`d want to go through all those steps all that often.

imported_NHBFAN
05-23-2004, 10:09 AM
Using VM with WG probably won`t work.

If you apply it before the WG pre-cleaner will remove the oils (glazing) benefits of VM and using it after the PDs in VM will degrade the WG sealant.

Accumulator
05-23-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by NHBFAN

Using VM with WG probably won`t work.

If you apply it before the WG pre-cleaner will remove the oils (glazing) benefits of VM and using it after the PDs in VM will degrade the WG sealant.

Yeah, it`s always hard to predict which products will work well together and which won`t. People have used PUPP and BF over VM, so maybe the WG will work OK, or not :nixweiss

Sveta
05-23-2004, 11:44 AM
To answer the original question...IP/FP + WG Sealant works just fine. The VM question has not been answered to my satisfaction. What is fact and what is speculation about what will or will not work with WG?

About sealants in general: When people say "it won`t work or bond" what exactly happens? Is it obvious or just a subjective loss of surface shine/slickness? Peeling? Bubbles? What!

I would like to try VM, #7, and ??? with both EX-P and WG...but...I keep reading conflicting views on this topic. I`ll test it if nobody knows. As of now, I like EX-P best because it DOES work with "most polishes"...and in particular VM which I really like.

Instructions on the WG sealant do not require the pre-cleaner. "Surface should be dry, clean and cool." If clean means "no oils or fillers allowed" then WG should say so. Do you agree, Autopians? Forget the "marketing" stuff, please.

"Warning: Cannot be used with most polishes and glazes, containing PD`s, oils, fillers, or toxic waste. Only use our pre-cleaner or you`ll be sorry.":argue

scottabir
05-23-2004, 02:17 PM
From *MY* experience on *my* cars paint VM+WG doesnt work. It is really smeary, and becomes a pain to buff off. This is with 20,30, and 60 minutes "setup" time for the WG. This is just my observation though.

I did FINALLY have good luck with the WG over Megs #82 this weekend.

Just my .02 cents.

Sveta
05-23-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by scottabir

From *MY* experience on *my* cars paint VM+WG doesnt work. ...

Very interesting, scottabir. I won`t try that combo now. #82 and IP/FP work. I wonder what`s with VM that makes it do that? Some "wax" properties?

scottabir
05-23-2004, 06:00 PM
possibly? :nixweiss I had a heck of a time finding a combo that the WG "bonded" to on my car... 1Z polishes was a no-no for me also so was AIO-not horrible but it was still smeary despite various set-up times.

Sveta
05-23-2004, 06:32 PM
Sounds like you have tried more than VM and #82 with WG! Could you please list everything that didn`t work well?

Maybe you don`t use EX-P, but have you found anything that DOESN`T work with it?

scottabir
05-23-2004, 11:57 PM
lets see...I cant use Menzerna glaze, AIO, Akrya finish glaze, 1z polishes, VM, P21S paintwork cleanser. Obviously alot of these products mentioned have oils ect in them that a few sealants dont like and I know this I was experimenting.

I just got a bottle of EX this past weekend (thanks 2001civicex), and I am impressed with it (maybe some pics in the near future).

HRD
05-24-2004, 08:46 AM
I have applied VM + WG on four cars now and am satified for the time being. The longest the combo has been on a car is about four weeks, and the owner says it`s beading fine. I have it currenty on two of my cars, but one car is nice weather only and it`s only been on the other for a week. But it`s rained/stormed everyday during the week and it`s beading just fine.

As far as use, WG came off with no problems using it directly after VM. WG was applied by hand, let dry until it seemed dry and wiped off with PakSak MF towels. WG wiped off clean and easy every time.

Of course this is just my experience and opinion so far in limited use, and my differ greatly from anyone/everyone else.

Regards.

qwik
05-24-2004, 07:03 PM
Thanks for all the useful info guys. I am interested in getting VM and EX-P since i hear so much about that combo all the time. I would be using it on customer cars and friends cars. Probably DACP/VM/EX as needed. I was going to try the IP/FP/menzerna glaze and WG combo but since i have read that the glaze and WG won`t bond i guess i can just skip that step. I don`t plan on doing a hugh process each time, i am just talking about a 1 time thing for my car.