PDA

View Full Version : preferred method for applying S&W

Pages : [1] 2

III
10-04-2004, 03:13 PM
Is there any difference in the following methods when using S&W? What`s better?

1. Spray directly on the surface.

2. Spray directly on a microfiber and then wipe the microfiber on the surface.

kimwallace
10-04-2004, 03:16 PM
Spray directly on the surface ...
It will actually start to disolve the dirt that is on the surface.
Plus, when the MF you are using gets too wet the S&W doesn`t seem to work as well.
Just my .02

Bob
10-04-2004, 03:40 PM
Spray directly on the surface ...
It will actually start to disolve the dirt that is on the surface.
Plus, when the MF you are using gets too wet the S&W doesn`t seem to work as well.
Just my .02

Agreed. I lightly spray it on teh surface first and then wipe it with a MF tunring the MF often.

uflraptor
10-04-2004, 04:06 PM
I have been spraying on the surface and it`s been working great for me.

Shawn

prgallo
10-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Ditto, surface.

awd330
10-04-2004, 08:10 PM
I also spray directly on the surface unless I am cleaning interior glass. For inside glass, I spritz some S&W onto a microfiber towel and wipe. Then, I`ll follow up with a second dry towel to dry it streak free.

zesty-man
10-05-2004, 01:05 AM
spray on. try this. spray some S&W on your car (assumly it is relativly clean), and then remove it with a waffle weave. a memeber of detail city was nice enough to give me this little tip, and i havent turned back since.

CharlesW
10-05-2004, 06:37 AM
Spraying it directly on the surface works for me.
I do sometimes spray some on the towel as well for the areas where I don`t want it to run down and get behind some trim, etc.
Am I the only one that uses two towels for cleaning the paint? I spray the S&W, wipe with one towel, then finish wiping with a second towel.

Charles

zesty-man
10-06-2004, 12:44 AM
charles, i do something similar to that sometimes. basically i spray S&W on, then take it off with a mf, flip it over, then take anything that may be left

TheSopranos16
10-06-2004, 02:28 AM
Here`s my opinion...When you spray it on the surface, it all ends up in the towel anyway. However, I feel that by spraying the surface directly, you are able to spread it out better and more of the product touches more of the surface and therfore it works better. Also, its more economical as less is wasted in the towel. To me its a no brainer...spray the surface directly!

Poorboy
10-06-2004, 07:29 AM
charles, i do something similar to that sometimes. basically i spray S&W on, then take it off with a mf, flip it over, then take anything that may be left
:yeah way to go Zesty:bigups

Here`s my opinion...When you spray it on the surface, it all ends up in the towel anyway. However, I feel that by spraying the surface directly, you are able to spread it out better and more of the product touches more of the surface and therfore it works better. Also, its more economical as less is wasted in the towel. To me its a no brainer...spray the surface directly!

Exactly Charles;)

mgm2003
10-07-2004, 10:19 AM
Is it a good idea to follow up S&W with a QD? The reason I ask is because I`m getting a haze on my black truck.

I mist a panel (usually a shot up top, and one below), then lightly wipe until the product disappears. Pretty simple, but I`m getting a haze & some streaking.

Poorboy
10-07-2004, 10:22 AM
Sounds like you are using too much...also what kind of mf are you using for removal?

Bob
10-07-2004, 11:11 AM
Sounds like you are using too much...also what kind of mf are you using for removal?

Yeah or you are trying to clean too much dirt? How dirty is it when you are doing this?

I prefer a mega plush microfiber towel when using spray and wipe.

mgm2003
10-07-2004, 11:22 AM
Poorboy: I`m using the el cheapo Costco micro`s. Tonight, I`ll try using a Big Blue drying towel instead. I haven`t used the BB towels yet because I don`t have many and have to wash them out a lot.

p.s. - Hope my comments weren`t taken in the wrong light. The S&W product performance is awesome. It does 3 important things for me which are:
1) It`s a big time saver.
2) It Does not scratch (I use it on black, so I know).
3) It does what it`s supposed to -it cleans the car.