PDA

View Full Version : Metallic Polish vs. Waxpolish Soft

Pages : [1] 2

tom p.
05-21-2004, 06:23 PM
Mike, can you compare and contrast the 1Z Metallic Polish and the Waxpolish Soft? I’ve played with the Metallic Polish before and was pleased with the ease of use and nice results. Then I received a sample of the WPS and am amazed by this newcomer. Not only is it easier to use but I feel the clarity of the paint is better and is probably the best product of its kind I have used on this car.

Background: The wife had a minor incident with the BMW (Orient Blue, 2002MY, perfect paintwork but seemed to be lacking any real “life”) and the BMW bodyshop decided they’d do me a favor by “polishing” the entire car. Well, as you might imagine, they swirled the heck out of the car and I didn’t really realize how bad it was ‘til I got home and had a better chance to inspect. While the repair work was absolutely flawless, the person running the hi speed polisher really needs to refine his technique. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/Bizkit/boom.gif There were trail marks on the entire car…any Autopian would surely frown.

So, this afternoon I gave the car a quik wash and did half the vehicle with the Metallic Polish and the other half with the Waxpolish Soft. I am very intrigued with the WPS. Great results. GREAT results!! The areas that were treated with the Metallic Polish still retain that hazy/cloudy look I don’t seem to be able to eliminate. I will say the Waxpolish Soft showed none of the hazyiness and left a wonderful clarity I don’t think I’ve seen with any other product. I applied these polishes with the PC and did the entire car in about 45 mins…taking my time. Wipe off is easy with both products but the WPS is clearly easier to apply and easier to polish afterwards. I did not apply Glanz Wax afterwards. This car really doesn’t see any inclement weather so I’ll do the entire car again at the end of Summer once the bodywork has cured and apply some Glanz Wax.

A few pix:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/26simg_0283.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/26simg_0276.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/26simg_0272.jpg

Needless to say, I like WPS…a LOT!

:xyxthumbs

Mike @ einszett
05-21-2004, 07:31 PM
Tom,

Glad to hear you got such good results. It`s an amazing product, isn`t it :)

WPS is the big brother of Metallic PolishWax. It has the same things but more of it.

They both have very mild abrasives, premium white carnauba, polymers for added gloss/depth, and concealers that hide holograms and clouding. Again, WPS just has a lot more of all these ingredients than MPW.

WPS was designed primarily for the professional sector which is why it only comes in 1 ltr. It`s primarily designed to provide the best looking results in the quickest time possible. Hence, detailers love it. Wouldn`t it be nice to have it in a smaller size...

Have a good weekend,

tom p.
05-22-2004, 09:17 AM
I appreciate it.

I`ll try to get some outdoor shots this weekend of each side of the car. It really looks great.

imported_Macgirl
05-22-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Mike @Einszett

Wouldn`t it be nice to have it in a smaller size...

I think that would be an excellent idea! I`ve been wanting to try WPS but I just don`t need 1ltr., same with the glass polish. I guess we might see something like that in the near future then, Mike?

Mike @ einszett
05-25-2004, 09:37 AM
Macgirl: Can`t say about WPS. An idea I`m aiming for. But I can tell you that Glas Polish will be available in a 100 ml bottle in about 2 weeks. That`s the same time that Lackfinish Detail Spray will be available. Also coming soon is a one-dose packet of Kristallklar Premium windshield washer booster. :)

Regards,

imported_Malachi
05-26-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Mike @Einszett

Tom,

Glad to hear you got such good results. It`s an amazing product, isn`t it :)

WPS is the big brother of Metallic PolishWax. It has the same things but more of it.

They both have very mild abrasives, premium white carnauba, polymers for added gloss/depth, and concealers that hide holograms and clouding. Again, WPS just has a lot more of all these ingredients than MPW.

WPS was designed primarily for the professional sector which is why it only comes in 1 ltr. It`s primarily designed to provide the best looking results in the quickest time possible. Hence, detailers love it. Wouldn`t it be nice to have it in a smaller size...

Have a good weekend,

imported_Malachi
07-27-2004, 06:52 PM
I used WaxPolish Soft (WPS) for the first time on my silver car. It is the best look I have put on my car.

I have used SG, S100, GW on my car and I have to say the WPS is my favorite look. It has a warm, deep, wet look. GW looks great but it does not have the warmth that WPS has. I guess that is what Carnuba does for you, which got me to thinking why I like it better than S100... I don`t know why, I just do.

It applies similiarly as NXT and wipes off with no problems. Not as easy as S100, but very easy.

I was contemplating topping it with Glanz for the protection but, I am not because I don`t want to risk changing the look (do to any potential cleaning). I have no idea about its durability but I am enjoying it so much I am not concerned about it at this time.

jmsc
07-27-2004, 07:12 PM
last week on my cousins car. Dark Green Metallic.

Car was clay`d, prepped and sealed with Menzerna triplets 2 months ago. Used a PC and white pad to apply. When we finished, pulled the car into the sun, and the green metallics lit up like a Christmas tree. Never seen such a pronounced look on a car before.

The only thing I did not like was the pinkish staining on my white pad. The stain would not wash out.

tom p.
07-27-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Malachi

I have no idea about its durability but I am enjoying it so much I am not concerned about it at this time.

I have noticed considerable loss of gloss and buffer induced swirl marks are now starting to return. The finish is still nice but not as spectacular as the day it was applied. All in all, no complaints here, I think it`s an excellent product that anyone could work with.

:nixweiss

imported_Malachi
07-27-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by tom p.

I have noticed considerable loss of gloss and buffer induced swirl marks are now starting to return. The finish is still nice but not as spectacular as the day it was applied. All in all, no complaints here, I think it`s an excellent product that anyone could work with.

:nixweiss

Based on post dates, what are we looking at, a couple of months of durability?

tom p.
07-28-2004, 06:29 AM
Malachi, yes, 10 weeks have elapsed. The car has probably been washed 5 - 6 times during that period.

I should also add that the car is garaged and is never driven in inclement weather. I suspect WPS might last 4 weeks on someone`s daily driver.

thinksnow
07-28-2004, 07:07 AM
I suspect WPS might last 4 weeks on someone`s daily driver.

I had to step in here with an emphatic "Nein." I applied it to my brother`s truck about two months ago. It has not been washed (he`s been clerking out of town) and has been subjected to the Seattle-like rains we have been having. The truck looks like I just washed it. I`ll be taking pictures of it in its unwashed state, but I had to interject how pleased I have been with WPS!

*edit* Okay, maybe not like *I* just washed it, but perhaps like some parking lot hack just washed it:D

tom p.
07-28-2004, 07:41 AM
thinksnow, that`s good to hear. What color is his truck?

thinksnow
07-28-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by tom p.

thinksnow, that`s good to hear. What color is his truck?

1000 words...This was the WG job from way back but I`ll send you a pic or two if you want.

http://www.hightidedetailing.com/mtnafterlil.jpg

thinksnow
08-08-2004, 09:21 AM
Tom, here you go. Now it`s two months and a lot of change. He just washed it yesterday with Perls, but added no topper. (Note the new sneakers--WPS outlived the Goodyears:D)

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/4999ML-med.jpg

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/4999MC-med.jpg