PDA

View Full Version : newbie here, plz help with compound haze!

solo mr2
05-21-2004, 03:06 PM
I had my car painted last nov. Its a one stage with clear mixed in the paint. It came out really good but now seems to attract every freaking thing and body! "birds, cats, people parking too close, people touching, people watering! etc"

I was at work and a bird crapped on my car. I didnt notice it till the end of the day and it sat underneath the sun for awhile. The next day I washed it and it didnt come off. It left a clear spot where the crap used to be. I tryed using 3M compound swirl and scratch remover but it didnt do anything but leave a LIGHT cloudy haze where I was rubbing "not too hard. I put some wax and it still didnt come off.

I left it alone for a few weeks then I remembered I had a mothers clay bar kit. It took the bird crap mark right off after a few times but there is still that mark I left with the compound! I tryed putting some mothers wax on it again and buff it off by hand but it is still there. It is very light, you can only see it at an angle in the shade. Is there anything I can do to remove this spot w/o having to repaint my hood? Please help before I do anything else STUPID! Thanks

3Dog
05-21-2004, 03:50 PM
Maybe this will help......compound as such is the most harsh polish. After you use it , you need to use something less harsh (abrasive) to even it out....wax does not do that, its only function is to protect. Always start with less.....mild polish first, then determine if you need something more aggressive.

solo mr2
05-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Thanks, for a long time I didnt know there was a difference between polish and wax. Alot of the products say wax/polish so I thought they were somewhat similar. I used mothers reflections polish wax. Can anyone offer some products or tips on what to do next? Is this something I can do myself by hand or will i need to take it to a detail shop say they can use a buffer? I just want to know If it can be taken off or at least hidden very well w/o having to repaint the hood. Its a light haze dull spot and only can be seen at an angle and shaded.

3Dog
05-21-2004, 06:19 PM
Take a look at the 1Z Einszett product line at one of the major online suppliers

hondaguy2582
05-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Just get 3m finesse it 2 or 3m swirl mark remover to follow 3m rubbing compound up. Might as well give you something locally that you can try.