PDA

View Full Version : Sticky weatherstripping

ben54
05-21-2004, 01:35 AM
What can you put on weatherstripping to make it not stick to the windows when you try to roll the windows down?

rickindy
05-21-2004, 05:51 AM
You might try one of the good vinyl/rubber protectants. I would make sure to massage it in thoroughly to try and keep it from leaving spots or streaks when the window is lowered.

Rain-X is also good idea. I use both and don`t have your problem.

Lowejackson
05-21-2004, 10:44 AM
I find BMW Gummiphledge very useful for keeping the rubber soft and supple

jasonatv22
05-21-2004, 10:56 AM
Mother`s Back to Black is a good cleaner. Then use something to condition it.

I`ve never heard of sticky weatherstripping.

trueblueblood
05-21-2004, 11:17 AM
I second the Gummipfledge it works great has a good shoe polish type applicator and is priced right and should last a long time!:xyxthumbs

ben54
05-21-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by true blue blood

I second the Gummipfledge it works great has a good shoe polish type applicator and is priced right and should last a long time!:xyxthumbs

Thanks for the replies, but I think the weatherstripping is beyond reconditioning to soft and supple. The car is now 12 years old. I was hoping to put something on the weatherstripping to get it slick enough so that it doesn`t stick to the window when it`s rolled up. I already had one tint job ruined when the tint got stuck to the weatherstripping. So far, I`ve been using a tire dressing but it seems too temporary. I may just try the Gummipfledge just to see what happens.

Lowejackson
05-21-2004, 02:15 PM
When you get some Gummipfledge, apply generously and leave overnight before buffing