PDA

View Full Version : My Wolfgang Experience

Carl Anderson
05-20-2004, 08:15 PM
I just received my Wolfgang twins, and last night I tried them out on my 03 Jet Black M3. Previously I have only applied waxes, never sealants to this car, and I have been more than happy with P21S. But after reading some reviews of Wolfgang on this forum, I decided to give it a try.

I started out with washing, then claying, then DACP on the hood where my cats jump on this car, and finally #9 on the entire car.

I then applied the Wolfgang polish and found it to be easy to apply using the Porter Cable and a yellow polishing pad. I applied the sealant with a foam applicator pad, using very much the same process I do with Klasse, viz. wipe in on as thinly as possible on a section, then wipe it off.

My conclusions: 1. This product is much easier for me to use than Klasse. For some reason I find it a bit of a struggle getting the Klasse sealant off. Wolfgang is almost as easy to remove as P21S.

2. I`m very happy with the look. I may not have the eye of the more experienced autopians, but I do find it more similar to the P21S then the Klasse. To be fair, I have not used Klasse yet on this car.

My plan is to apply 2 more coats of the sealant, and then perhaps top with P21 S. At this point I am very happy with this product.

Scottwax
05-20-2004, 08:30 PM
I`ve had pretty good results from Wolfgang as well. Just used it on a black Silverado SS yesterday. Applied the pre-cleaner with PC and finishing pad, the sealant by hand, but I applied it to the whole truck then went back and removed. Wiped off with no effort.

I think you wil be fine with just one more layer before topping it with P21S.

RedStang
05-20-2004, 09:14 PM
I have a quick question about applying the polish. I have finally decided (I think... :p ) on applying the Wolfgang twins followed by #16. For the PreWax Polish... what is the best technique to applying it by hand? I was planning on using a terry applicator pad, but how long do I work the polish? I know it doesn`t have abrasives to break down... so do I just work it into the paint for a little bit then allow it to haze before removing? Does allowing it to haze and sit too long have any negative effects? Thanks for any tips on this...

BTW, glad you like this stuff Carl, I hope I do too!