PDA

View Full Version : best place to get microfiber

Pages : [1] 2

ADIDAS
05-20-2004, 09:26 AM
Where is the best place to get microfiber towels. I am looking to purchase some waffle weave oversized (20x36 minimum) MF towels. I was looking at autofiber.com. Are they a reputable place. I would think they are since they have a link to them on this site. Thanks

imported_guapsnaman
05-20-2004, 09:33 AM
autofiber.com, pakshak.com, jtinternational, autopia.org....

all these sites sell high quality mf towel...

tip: run a search and there you`ll find 3908573458934 posts on this.

Scott P
05-20-2004, 09:33 AM
Autofiber has excelent towels. So does PakShak, Autopia, etc... There is another very recent thread around on MF towels that lists a lot of vendors. Try finding that.

edit - found the thred:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37697

ALAN81
05-20-2004, 12:53 PM
any of the MF stated by guapsnaman will be fine

Paul_BB_Guy
05-20-2004, 01:08 PM
My vote goes to PakShak! Ranney is awesome!

imported_Macgirl
05-20-2004, 02:01 PM
Autopia Store (http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?autopia+ufAdJU+towels---chamois.html+) is a good place to start. David has some excellent towels at very good prices. I`ve got the Concours Buffing, Khaki, Ultimate Drying, and the new SONUS Drying Towels and love them all. The new SONUS Drying towel is awesome, very quick to absorb water.

imported_pugoman
05-20-2004, 02:06 PM
PakShak for me! :bow

panapower
05-20-2004, 02:12 PM
i got two favourites for MF Towels

www.pakshak.com

www.exceldetail.com

Enjoy cause I know I did.

tkerr45
05-21-2004, 11:38 AM
Exceldetail.com Great price and quality products. Actual shipping charges. 2 days Ca to OH.

armoredsaint
05-21-2004, 11:49 AM
Definitely autofiber.com as Ian is excellent in service and so is pakshak.com with Ranney, you can`t go wrong with either one.

ADIDAS
05-21-2004, 12:27 PM
cool, well i ordered the three pak of 25x36 waffle weave towels form autofiber.com. hopefully they will be here soon.

Autofiber.com
05-21-2004, 02:53 PM
ADIDAS,

They are on the way!! They will arrive on Tues.

Thanks for the order, and I hope to do business with you again.

If you have any questions don`t hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Ian

Autofiber.com

ALAN81
05-21-2004, 03:06 PM
Some people like to use largre ww towels to dry there car,I was one of them.One large ww did the trick every time.I changed my chain of thought.I bought 6 16x16 WW to dry my car.One in each hand going up and down my car.I think its easier faster and I have better control with a small 16" if I run into bird s..t or tree sap..........JUST MY OPINION

3Dog
05-21-2004, 03:55 PM
waynestowels.com

Pstone
05-21-2004, 08:09 PM
Update on MF`s that I just received from Microfibertech.com

Just came in today. As I mentioned above . . . Bought 1 big blue WW drying towel and 5 small "Elite" microweaves for polishing. I`ve never used MF`s before so I can`t attest to the quality yet. This brand is also finished around the edges to prevent fraying.

Just finished washing two cars and swept most of the water beads off with a California dry blade (great) and followed up with the remaining beads with my new big blue MF. WW made fast work of drying with no lint or streaking.

They don`t seem get soggy like terry towels do very quickly but the dry blade got rid of most off the water first.

MF`s are not cheap, that`s for sure . . . but if they last, they will be well worth the investment.

Can`t wait to try the smaller "Elite" MF`s for removing product and buffing out. Planning to do my first full detail this weekend on one car starting with DACP (if needed) Probably start with 3m SMR first with a rotary (yikes, watch out finish) and moving on to a cyclo orbital for cleaning/polishing product stages with AIO, SG and finishing with P21s.

Excited about using these new MF`s to buff off the final coats of P21s. Using terry`s always makes me nervous and I always feel like they are inducing small scratches into the finsh as to their rough texture. These new MF`s feel like a handful of cotton puffs!

I like that suggestion of the above poster of using two smaller WW instead of one big one to dry car. This really makes sense as while your drying with both hands you can use one hand to support yourself as you`re bending over to do the lower side panels and bumpers. I find myself putting one hand on the finish which keeps putting fingerprints back on! Big towel also keeps hitting the wet driveway when doing the lower panels.

I`ll probably try this two towel suggestion on a re-order to keep in the trunk of my second car. Thanks for the idea.