PDA

View Full Version : Meg`s APC+, Citri Gel, Engine Kote ?`s

rahula
05-20-2004, 08:17 AM
Hi all

I would be grateful if anyone could please give me answers on these products. I have searched and read but once again confusion reigns:

Engine Kote: I have read engine kote is great for leaving a non-gloss & non-sticky finish to the engine compartment and wheel well. Is this the only use? I am not a professional user so would any other Meg`s products do a similar job for me but with a smaller bottle?

Citri Gel & APC+: How do you use these products and since I can only buy them in the UK in gallon sizes I don`t wish to waste my money by buying both. I have read that APC+ is a great all round cleaner. So what are the differences between this and Citri Gel? What product does what and should I get both or will I be able to clean using only one of them?

Also #39, could I use APC+ to do the same job or do I need #39 for cleaning wax residue of vinyl trim?

Thanks.

Rahul

rahula
05-20-2004, 12:39 PM
27 views and no one has any answers? Someone out there must have used these products to be able to help. please.

thanks.

joburnet
05-20-2004, 01:06 PM
Engine Kote - Just like you said it`s generally just used for wheel wells and engine compartments. If you want something more versatile then try #40, it`s great stuff. It has great cleaning ability and can be used for many different applications. I personally use it for interior vinyl and rubber, tires, and sometimes as an engine dressing.

The Citri Gel I`m not that impressed with. It seems to leave a residue that can take a lot of rinsing to get off.

The APC+ is a good cleaner but an excellent carpet cleaner. Use APC+, Some Hot water, and a wet/dry van and you can do a serious interior shampoo. Once it`s diluted 12:1 it`s only about $1 per gallon too.

I`ve never used #39 and don`t see why I would need to because #40 is so good.

joburnet
05-20-2004, 01:09 PM
One more tip, I like to use simple green for very dirty engine compartments. Just spray it on the engine, let it soak in for a minute, and rinse it off and it`s amazing. It works better then the APC+ but I use the APC+ diluted 4:1 per instructions.