PDA

View Full Version : Ooooh no!!! Another new polymer sealant to try!!!

Pages : [1] 2

mx5
05-20-2004, 07:42 AM
Someone mentioned their quick detailer in this forum. Has anyone had any experience with the sealant yet?

Looks comparable to UPP, Blackfire, Wolfgang, etc.

Amino UV Liquid Polymer Wax

http://www.amino-uv.com/lpw.html

04MysticCobra
05-20-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by waxman

Someone mentioned their quick detailer in this forum. Has anyone had any experience with the sealant yet?

Looks comparable to UPP, Blackfire, Wolfgang, etc.

Amino UV Liquid Polymer Wax

http://www.amino-uv.com/lpw.html

I saw it mentioned here last week and I think it was Miked who did. He said he used it 3 times so far and it looks great. I talked to Rick yesterday at their Florida outlet and he gave me some good info on this product. its actually a polymer sealant and carnuba wax together in one polish. He said that alot people using it are asking him about topping with another product. He did not say that you could`nt do that but did say by adding layers about 24 hours apart it will give you the best results. I have a bottle coming on monday or tuesday and I am ready to hit the Mystichrome Cobra with it. I will post my results when they happen.

Later, 04MysticCobra

tom p.
05-20-2004, 11:35 AM
With this forum being the excellent resource that it is, why not let others try it and report back? I don`t think you can find much meaning in trying every new product out there...there are too many. I like to let these new products "simmer" and "age" at Autopia and see what people have to say about them 6 months later. I have a keen interest in the Menzerna FMJ but I`ve decided to wait `til there`s more time/experience to back up the vivid claims.

My ultimate test for a fine product: "Would I ever buy it again?"

unclearty
05-20-2004, 12:08 PM
Now Tom..is that any way for a TRUE Autopian to talk??? My theory is...just buy it!! If I don`t like it...give it away!! As if I really have to tell YOU! Unfortunately, I`m resigned to buying locally available products ..as opposed to mail order.....my wife and I don`t agree on car products being another vice of mine.......:o

Jngrbrdman
05-20-2004, 12:15 PM
The ultimate question for me is "Would I use it on my car?" I`ve used loads of products on other people`s cars and most of them have never touched mine. I`ve got at least 6 different waxes that haven`t been used on mine. I haven`t even put Wolfgang on my car yet and I love that stuff! It has to pass a couple months worth of testing on other cars before I try it on mine. I`ll buy it right off the bat if its a company I trust. If Pinnacle makes a new product then you can almost guarantee that I`ll be in line for that one on opening day. Same thing for Meguiar`s and a few other companies. On products like this one that are from compaines I have never heard of, I tend to wait for other reviews to come in before I spend the money on it. I`m tired of testing things and breaking new ground I guess. I just want to buy products that I`m actually going to use from now on. My "Disgraced Products" shelf has been cleared out and I don`t want to put any more products on it.

I can`t just buy it and then give it away if I don`t like it. If my word or opinion is going to be worth anything, then I can`t give a product away to someone if I really dislike the product and wouldn`t use it myself. I would rather give away products that I know they will be happy with.

Gadfly
05-20-2004, 12:30 PM
"I can`t just buy it and then give it away if I don`t like it. If my word or opinion is going to be worth anything, then I can`t give a product away to someone if I really dislike the product and wouldn`t use it myself. I would rather give away products that I know they will be happy with."

WELL SAID! I`ve got some Moose Wax that I don`t need. I wouldn`t think of giviing it away to even an acquaintance. I`ll trade it for UPP, SSR 1, or EX-P. Any takers?

tom p.
05-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by unclearty

Now Tom..is that any way for a TRUE Autopian to talk???

:o :D

TLL
05-20-2004, 06:20 PM
I would like to add a little 101 on companies that have supposedly created and are Mfging wax. They`re not. Manufacturing is a small club.They are buying drums of it from someone else and repackaging. They may have the color and smell altered. Then they tell you they have created some New High Tech Stuff with the help of their German Scientist.

There are far far fewer companies in the business of making wax than what you be led to think. There are even fewer in the business of manufacturing High quality products. You dont just decide you are going to create a new car wax and go to work in your kitchen.

A lot of the different products you are discussing are probably the same products with asthetic differences and packaging.

The true test of a product is based on its performance over a period of time 7-30-60-90-120 days and even longer.

Select a products on Science not Science Fiction.

CivicPride
05-20-2004, 07:41 PM
Hey TLL, thats a really good point. I think you can usually tell which are knockoffs and which are real. I looked at this stuff amino-uv. Its actually made by a company called Synergy International, Inc. I heard that name years ago. So i did a little poking around. They are actually registered with the gov. as a chemical manufacturer and really do hold trademarks,

Word Mark AMINO UV PURE PLATINUM SERIES

Goods and Services IC 003. US 001 004 006 050 051 052. G & S: CARE PRODUCTS, WAXES, CLEANERS, CONDITIONERS, GELS,

Synergy International, Inc CORPORATION FLORIDA 3080 Bay Street Sarasota FLORIDA 34237

Type of Mark TRADEMARK

Register PRINCIPAL

Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

I also found on another site mentioning them in california moving to florida... so i looked a little further into some of these other ones too. Amino UV, Pinnacle, Blackfire also hold registered trademarks etc etc.. Couldn`t find any for poorboys and wolfgang.. makes you wonder why would a company like wolfgang or poorboys.. spend all that time and money developing a product line, and not even get federal patent or trademarks on them??????

Jngrbrdman
05-20-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by CivicPride

Amino UV, Pinnacle, Blackfire also hold registered trademarks etc etc.. Couldn`t find any for poorboys and wolfgang.. makes you wonder why would a company like wolfgang or poorboys.. spend all that time and money developing a product line, and not even get federal patent or trademarks on them??????

The brand name may not be trademarked, but I`m sure the contents within are protected against other people copying them. Wolfgang isn`t a company. Wolfgang is a subsidiary of Palm Beach Motoring Accessories. Palm Beach Motoring is trademarked and all that good stuff I`m sure. Its not uncommon for a product not to be trademarked on the label. Platinum wasn`t trademarked. Good thing too because someone swooped in and told them that they needed to change the name because they owned a trademark for Platinum on a similar product.

I highly doubt that there will be another car care product called "Wolfgang" out there that is going to care about Palm Beach Motoring marketing a product named that. Same thing with Poorboy`s. Unless another company that sells a similar product decides to make claim to the name and push Steve away from it, then he is safe to use it. I could name a product "Jngrbrdman`s Car Polish" and never have fear of someone making a trademark claim to it. Its a calculated risk that they make.

CivicPride
05-20-2004, 07:58 PM
but here is something weird...i then looked a little further into some of these other brands... I found that Pinnacle, Blackfire, are the same company. and they applied for trademarks at the same time.

And funny how blackfires product description says:

When used together in a 2-step polish and protect procedure they have a synergy that produces a deep, wet, carnauba-like gloss.

Isn`t a little wierd that the company that owns pinnacle, who also owns blackfire, who also mentions the name of the company Synergy International, who makes Amino UV?

Maybe Amino UV really makes blackfire!

04MysticCobra
05-20-2004, 08:48 PM

but here is something weird...i then looked a little further into some of these other brands... I found that Pinnacle, Blackfire, are the same company. and they applied for trademarks at the same time.

When used together in a 2-step polish and protect procedure they have a synergy that produces a deep, wet, carnauba-like gloss.

Isn`t a little wierd that the company that owns pinnacle, who also owns blackfire, who also mentions the name of the company Synergy International, who makes Amino UV?

I dont think there is any doubt that some of these products are being made by the same single company. Its been going on for a long time in the wax and polish business. about 15 years ago when alot of these new high tech polishes started to appear like Liquid Crystal, Finish First, and others they had labels on the can that covered where it was made. when you peeled back the label it said Wilmington Delaware. so you knew they were being made by Dupont. I still have those 2 polishes above and many more from that time period in the 80`s. I started detailing in 1974 when it was Blue Corral, Dupont #7, Meguiars,Liquid Ebony and Malms were the hot ones to use. Many of the no wax synthetic polishes of that 80`s period I still have. stuff like Auri, Durashine, Glo-shield, Duragloss and others were the miracle polishes then. I always tried them but then soon returned to using Carnuba wax which is my favorite. So I will try the Amino UV and if its the same or similar to Blackfire, Pinnacle, Poorboys or Wolfgang then I really cannot go wrong.

Later, 04MysticCobra.

andriver
05-20-2004, 08:51 PM
Aw the conspiracy of Wax!

PaUlzRiDe
05-20-2004, 08:56 PM
hey, who cares. i dont think trademarks make or break a wax. who cares who really makes it or not. Its like computers, dell and gateway, they all use intel processors, they all use microsoft windows..... who cares, they all have differences. You think maguires really makes the maguires chamois? What matters is what you like, how well does it work, and how much does it cost.

Ive used BF and A-UV, they are definately different. Both had unique traits and made different results, but both worked very well. Personally i think amino-uv was better buy for the money. i have enough wax on my shelf to last a while, but i would definately reorder the amino.

Oh, and Id like to own my own wax company too....trademark it..

(Paulzshizzzit Wax!)

Catch phrase " if youz wantzzz your baby looking goodzzz... use paulzshizzzit wax. If you want your womanzzz looking good, have her wax your car naked with paulzshizzzit wax!

Jngrbrdman
05-21-2004, 09:17 AM

You haven`t uncovered anything new. In fact, you are missing a truck load of other products that are made by the same company. Just because the same company makes two products doesn`t mean that they have anything else in common. I can guarantee you that Blackfire and Wolfgang are nothing like each other. Who really cares who makes the products anyway? CMA has a solid reputation and if they were to say that they made Amino UV then I would buy it based on that reputation. They are losing sales by marketing it under someone else if that is the case. CMA isn`t that stupid. They have name recognition credit that you can`t buy. If they came out with a new product then they would market it through a company with name recognition.