PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn Carpet Stains

BlueRanger
05-18-2004, 09:08 PM
Sorry guys, no pics, but if you can imagine spilled gear oil on a tacomas carpet sittin for a year, there ya go. Anways, my friend is trying to get the stain/smell out (finally) with no avail. He tried Oxy clean (should have been shout oxy powder, but o well) with a gallon of hot water, scrubbing and shop vac extracting, and he said it made no difference. No floormats, just the actual carpet of the truck. Whats stronger that might help our cause? Thanks a lot for the replies.

travisdecpn
05-18-2004, 09:19 PM
I really like Folex, if you can find it, it works great on grease

Anthony O.
05-18-2004, 11:33 PM
This stain is best treated if you can remove the seats and then carefully remove the whole carpet area.

Use a pressure washer and ..........um try a citrus based degreaser, let the stuff soak in for at least 15 minutes, re-apply as needed, and the nhit it with the pressure washer.

Both sides if possible. Dry it well and do not re-instal until completely dry.

Anthony

Scotty
05-19-2004, 01:20 AM
Castrol Super Clean....dilute it 3:1 though, don`t know what`ll happen if you don`t, don`t really want to find out.....spray it on, scrub it in, let it sit, go over it with steaming hot water in your carpet cleaner...should work well, haven`t had a stain i can`t get out yet...

Matt M, PA
05-20-2004, 12:08 PM
A local upholstery shop told me that they use Spray 9 mixed 50-50 with water for stains...I must admit that it works well.

I also use Tuff Stuff.