PDA

View Full Version : Dust free Navi screen - how?

waxacura
05-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Hi, my Navigation screen attracts dust like a tv and when the screen is off it really looks bad. Any suggestions on how to make it repel dust? thanks.

Buick_guy
05-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Our Infiniti is like that too. It gets annoying, just like that stupid warning thing you always have to click `ok` every fricken time.

travisdecpn
05-18-2004, 09:22 PM
I use endust on my computer screen, it seems to do a good job of repelling dust.

jfelbab
05-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by waxacura

Hi, my Navigation screen attracts dust like a tv and when the screen is off it really looks bad. Any suggestions on how to make it repel dust? thanks.

This stuff (http://www.klearscreen.com/) works great. It reduces the tendency to attract dust along with removing those nasty finger prints. If you have an Apple store in your area you can purchase the product there. I like the handy wet wipes.

Bobby G
05-18-2004, 10:17 PM
I use my 1Z Cockpit Premium. Works like a charm. Now if I can just get the kids to keep their darn fingers off of it!

imported_Dave Holmes
05-19-2004, 02:32 AM
I did a test on my TV screen, taping it off in half. One half was cleaned with glass cleaner, and the other I used Meg`s Mirror Glaze Plastic kit (#10 Clear Plastic Polish followed by #18 Clear Plastic Detailer). After a few days, the difference was amazing. The treated side was still dust free, while the untreated could be wrote on. I have now since added #18 Plastic Detailer to my normal cleaning regimen in my car (clock, stereo, gauge cluster). Naturally, I had prepped them with #17 and #18 as a full blown detail to remove the haze/swirls on them. It really stays much cleaner; definitely worth the minimal effort (wipe on, off).

For those that don`t like Meguiars, I believe I`ve read that Plexus has the same anti-static properties. Other clear plastic cleaners may be similar. I happen to use Meguiars because of the consistent, great results I get, along with local availability.

Dave

MSOsr
05-19-2004, 06:15 AM
Dave:

Do you use a yellow pad or a white pad for prepping the clock?

dgraupman
05-19-2004, 08:41 AM
Plexus

Spray some on a MF, then wipe the screen. Does a great job of repelling dust.