PDA

View Full Version : Megs #2 Fine Cut + # 16

Don
10-03-2004, 08:29 PM
I detailed a maroon 2001 Cadillac Catera tonight (sorry, no pics) :showpics

Anyhow, for the most part, I used DACP on a plishing pad, buffing until it dusted. After a wipe down with #34, I topped it off with #16, Needless to say it turned out really nice...BTW, I`m doing a Dodge Stratus tomorrow that`s the same color, so I`ll show pics of it.

Getting to the point, the car belonged to my buddy`s neighbor. The bumper covers were worse than usual, and he had some #2 in his garage. Using a polishing pad & the PC on 6, I hit the bumper covers.

This stuff was sweet!! It went on like a dream, and worked really easy. I used minimal pressure on the pc, letting it spin at it`s max opm`s. There was nowhere near the dust that I get with DACP, and the finish was increadible. I kept at it until the #2 was gone. I used less fine cut than I would have DACP, but it seemed to be as effective. Actually it seemed to work better than the DACP. There were no swirls to be seen, and the finish was perfectly smooth and "squeaky clean." It worked so well that there was no need for a milder "follow up" polish, I was able to go straight to the 16.

On the way to tomorrow`s detail, I`m going to pick up a bottle of #2 and give it a try on the Dodge

EBPcivicsi
10-03-2004, 09:06 PM
Don, any micro marring left after the #2? I have never tried it with the PC, but love it with the rotary.

Don
10-03-2004, 09:15 PM
Don, any micro marring left after the #2? I have never tried it with the PC, but love it with the rotary.

I couldn`t see any at all, that`s why I`m so hot to try it out on the Dodge tomorrow.