PDA

View Full Version : Damage Control for Scraped Bumper

kreativ
05-17-2004, 08:38 PM
I had just finished layering 1xAIO and 3xSG Klasse on my car (color: Millenium Silver Metallic), when I decided to scrape my front bumper against a high curb when backing up. :wall :(

What products and steps would you recommend to improve the appearance of this rather nasty scrape? I don`t expect it to look anywhere near perfect...just not so noticeable.

Here are some pictures of the damage:

fusionnv
05-18-2004, 01:31 PM
I would say call the bumper medic, but they not in many areas. They only in Las Vegas and San Diego. I am in NY so I am not better off. It a traveling bumper repaire place. Looks good, people online that used them say they do good work. Maybe there is one of those in ur area, I am still looking in mine.

travisdecpn
05-18-2004, 01:44 PM
the further i scrolled down the worse i felt for you, you went down to the plastic, i`d say a repaint is the only thing that`s going to make that look much better. I`d be scared to buff around that area as it may cause more paint to flake away.

ncal
05-18-2004, 02:01 PM
Yes, I think your only recourse is a bumper repaint.

tetz
05-18-2004, 02:49 PM
Well, you`re in a `not much to lose` situation here, so to make it

less noticeable I would get the black plastic that is showing through

there back to a color closer to the paint. :)

I would clean it well, maybe take a sanding block veeeerrrryyy carefully

to the worst area, and spray it with a plastic bumper spray paint (available at most auto parts stores).

I did the whole lower chin spoiler on my car with no problems.

(Granted, semi-flat black is pretty forgiving).

Jon

Ryan
05-18-2004, 06:56 PM
Yeah, repaint. Most body shops today can feather an area of a bumper. It should save some money if you can have just that area repainted. Not the entire bumper.