PDA

View Full Version : 1st time use - Sonus High Gloss Acrylic Spritz

craigw133
05-17-2004, 06:54 PM
Hi All...

So I bought a bottle of Sonus QD spray since all I use on my car are the Klasse twins. Before I jump into using this QD spray, I read some of the reviews of this product on this site. Most of the reviews say that "a little goes a long way", but how little is little? I`m going to be using a MF towel when I use this, so do I spray the towel first, then wipe down orif I spray it directly onto the paint, how many sprays should I use per sq ft, or per panel?

Thanks!

Matt

Big Leegr
05-17-2004, 07:35 PM
I`ve found that a quick spritz with a flick of the wrist (to help spread it) is enough for at least half a fender, maybe the whole fender, depending on size, flick speed, etc. If you`re not using it for dust removal, I`d say 3 spritzes would be enough for a hood. If using for dust removal, I`d probably err on the side of caution and use more. You can always buff off excess qd, but marring is more of a hassle. Just my thoughts, and my car isn`t huge.

dmatre
05-17-2004, 08:00 PM
I had previously used the Sonus only for removing any hazing/swirls left after buffing off the SG.

Yesterday, I washed the Benz, and it just wasn`t looking too great. I didn`t have time to reapply the SG, so I tried the Sonus.

I used one spray while moving the sprayer across each panel, with four sprays on the hood and two on the roof. When I pulled the car out of the garage, it looked like I had just done the whole AIO/SG routine on it!

I knew that a QD product was supposed to do a good job, but this was truly impressive. I`m now sold on the Sonus for after washes, between SG applications.

roadman
05-17-2004, 08:15 PM
I to am new to using Sonus and it is the most amazing QD I have ever used. Just a little does an awesome job. In less than 5 minutes it looks like I just spent hours detailing my car.

Definately a great find and a keeper

craigw133
05-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the info, guys! I can`t wait to get home and try it out now :D

TN9thSi
05-17-2004, 08:49 PM
I am awaiting my order of the Klasse Twins and two bottles of Sonus. Can`t wait to try all of it out.

armoredsaint
05-17-2004, 09:16 PM
And the smell...makes me hungry! It`s an awesome product and a perfect match for the Klasse twins!