PDA

View Full Version : (NXT) Whats the hype or opinions!

EldoradoBill
05-17-2004, 05:11 AM
After reading a few threads I noticed that NXT is being used by quite a few people. What is the hype.. What is your opinions?

For those who don`t know what (NXT) is, its Meguiar`s NXT Generation Tech Wax. :)

thinksnow
05-17-2004, 06:41 AM
Just two of the search button results.

NXT + Hype (http://www.autopia.org/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=380216&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending)

NXT + Amazing (http://www.autopia.org/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=380221&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending)

EldoradoBill
05-17-2004, 06:44 AM
Good info , thanks !

thinksnow
05-17-2004, 06:45 AM
Probably the most polarizing product on this board, if not equal to Zaino in that respect:D

rickindy
05-17-2004, 07:05 AM
You wil find that the prevailing opinion in most of the forums about almost anything is it more about the process than the product. I`ve used NXT and gotten really good results. I`ve also used Souveran, Zaino and Zymol and gotten good results.

NXT is good product, easy to use and looks great. It hasn;t been out long enough to know about durability yet, but that`s not a big deal for most of us.

SilverBelle04
05-17-2004, 07:58 AM
Very easy on and off ! and not all that much effort required for good results.

Bob

imported_NHBFAN
05-17-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by rickindy

It hasn;t been out long enough to know about durability yet, but that`s not a big deal for most of us.

It certainly has been out long enough to judge it`s durability. One of the biggest complaints is that it loses "slickness" pretty quickly.

Although I wasn`t "blown away" by NXT it certainly gives good results and is very easy to use. It`s also "forgiving" in the sense that it doesn`t require the prep work other sealants do for good results.

To date, I`ve only used it by hand. Think I`ll give it another shot with my PC.

uxu
05-17-2004, 09:07 AM
FWIW - I did my Pearl White Subaru Outback wagon yesterday (beautiful weather by the way..) with NXT, and find that as said many times before on this board: Use what you like for the results you want.

For me, ease of application/removal is what it`s about on the Subaru. I have used other products on it (AIO/SG - various Megs stuff), but having pearl white paint, to me anyway, limits the amount of shine/reflectivity one will get. On my dark blue Honda CR-V, it`s AIO + SG all the way, because of durability, and depth of shine I get.

Long story short: To each his/her own. ;)

JustinR32
05-17-2004, 09:18 AM
I sorta thought the hype and the backlash cancelled each other out, and we were left with a really nice product that is available at any local discount or auto parts store, the quality of your results depended on your prep, and your satisfaction with the product depended on the qualities you value most. Did I miss something?

Tom

Jesstzn
05-17-2004, 09:48 AM
The first car I did with NXT was 10 March and washed every 2 weeks .. We live inan industrial town with a minor bit of acid rain. NXT has lost the initial slickness ( like all do in time ) but is still beading and sheeting and looks good. This car is easy for me to track, its my moms. She is an average car washer. Just my $0.02.

NXT4now
05-17-2004, 01:31 PM
There definitely was a lot of "excitement" (or hype) about the product. After reading a few "testmonies" I was convinced and went out and bought one. And guess what, it works great in my opinion. Again the shine is very subjective so some people are going to say it is great while some are going to say it is worse than this and that. I find it has swirl hiding ability but swirls tend to reappear after about three weeks. But I still enjoy the product and will use it until I finish the bottle before I try something else.

imported_Intermezzo
05-17-2004, 02:27 PM
NXT is a good product and is, IMO, an able competitor within its target market. It applies painlessly enough, is a breeze to wipe off and leaves a very nice shine...all in a single step. However (& this is just my opinion.... no `meguiars hater` references please!), it`s just not in the same league as some of the other popular products here like UPP, Souveran, CMW, etc.

imported_BretFraz
05-17-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Intermezzo

NXT is a good product and is, IMO, an able competitor within its target market. It applies painlessly enough, is a breeze to wipe off and leaves a very nice shine...all in a single step. However (& this is just my opinion.... no `meguiars hater` references please!), it`s just not in the same league as some of the other popular products here like UPP, Souveran, CMW, etc.

I agree with this thought. For a store bought product to be used on a new car or, at least, like new paint, it looks nice. Looks are subjective so if you`re curious, buy a bottle or mooch some off a friend and give it a spin.

Scottwax
05-17-2004, 10:36 PM
I like NXT wax. Very nice looks although I do like some product more. Super easy way for the average person to get a really good shine on their car with minimal effort and in the hands of a good detailer who does proper prep, it is even better. Like others have pointed out, it loses its slickness after a few weeks (still feels smooth though) and I haven`t had any problems getting 3+ months durability from it (no acid rain, no road salt, no industrial fallout, YMMV). All in all, I think it is a terrific last step product, especially in light of the fact you can buy it off the shelf at Wally world!

BTW, I like it more when applied with the PC...seems to do a better job on any very light cobwebbing issues you may have...plus I like the smell so my finishing pad works as an air freshener in my car!