PDA

View Full Version : Q for those without a garage: Where do you detail your car?

beanbag
05-17-2004, 04:47 AM
I used to have a pretty good spot in a parking garage near an outlet, but now that outlet doesn`t work anymore. I don`t really think I am supposed to be there anyway. So my question is where do you find a spot with an electrical outlet for polishing your car?

fusionnv
05-17-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by beanbag

I used to have a pretty good spot in a parking garage near an outlet, but now that outlet doesn`t work anymore. I don`t really think I am supposed to be there anyway. So my question is where do you find a spot with an electrical outlet for polishing your car?

Have many friends with houses. Oh a girl friend with one is a plus also.

medic
05-17-2004, 05:01 PM
a very long extension cord from your apartment

a.k.a. Patrick
05-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Im more of the delivery detailer....I come to you...I always (95%) detail at the clienst home. buut sometimes there garage is full or i just dont have access to it. You make the best of what you have....I know detailing in the sun isnt the best opportunity for grand success, but it can work, you just have to use the side thats not in the shade, and dont ask about the roof.....lol

bean, make the best of every possible situation, it can happen.....

HolksVagon
05-17-2004, 06:09 PM
Find a indoor car wash on the outskirts of town that is 24 hrs and do it at night.. thats what I do

imported_CBX Carl
05-19-2004, 07:14 PM
Location are anywhere it is shady and quiet. Local mall parking lots, local parks, office parking lots where most assume I am working for someone, I even use the local Hospital indoor parking garage for night detailing.

I picked up an inverter to run my PC and it will shut down prior to killing the battery or you can just leave the auto running.

beanbag
05-19-2004, 08:01 PM
how long can you run a PC off an inverter?

6cyl's_of_fury
05-19-2004, 09:06 PM
I am pretty lucky to have a wash bay in the underground carpark at my apartment block.

2 wide bays, each side has its own water outlet and 2 electrical otlets, plus each side has a dirty great big fluro light ( plus I have my 500W halogens ). Not a bad "freebie" set-up!