PDA

View Full Version : First time boat detail - need help

cwikone
05-16-2004, 10:40 PM
Hello autopia (first time poster),

I plan on doing a neighbors boats since he`s seen my care and detail for our autos. He has a 1984 20 footer with lots of oxidation, scrapes, black bumper marks, and light buildup. Bad shape. Its used primarily for fishing and on the trailer, garaged year round when not in water. The other is a 2002 Larson used for skiing and they keep it in the freshwater lake 24/7 during the summer without a lift. There is a lot of thick, hard scum buildup on the bottom.

Any suggestions on fixing these boats? I`ve read 3M Marine products are popular. Any specific suggestions? Other than that, I been looking at Meguiar`s Marine lineup and I think the wash gel and oxidation removal kit is a start.

Any tips or tricks to make the job easier?

Also, any product or application suggestions for cleaning, dirty, weathered vinyl?

Regards,

cwikone

Dawnskaybug
06-01-2004, 02:30 AM
Use Megs heavy oxidation remover with a PC and yellow pad . I then use the Klasse twins on it then #26 and collonites 845

cwikone
06-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Dawnskaybug,

Thanks for product and application advice. I purchased the oxidation removal kit (oxi removal, polish, wash) and already own the Klasse Twins. I`ll give it a go as soon as I can.

togwt
06-01-2004, 01:48 PM
~One man’s opinion / observations ~

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=453&highlight=boat+detailing

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect *so I question everything*

cwikone
06-05-2004, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the article!